Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Pregnant Slip And Fall On Public Sidewalk

Discussions relating to Personal Injury Law

Postby Litton » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:03 am

I came out of a business and was walking to my car all of a sudden i fell dislocated my right knee I put my knee back into place. I am 23 weeks pregnant and as I was in front of the business someone came out and salted the sidewalk(after I fell). I did not go to the hospital because of insurance reasons. I have my regular check up appointment tomorrow with my doctor for being pregnant. I did call the emergency room tonight to see if I should come in and make sure the baby was ok, and if there was anything i could take for the pain in my knee.I would like to know if I have a case?
Litton

Postby Adusa » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:49 am

I came out of a business and was walking to my car all of a sudden i fell dislocated my right knee I put my knee back into place. I am 23 weeks pregnant and as I was in front of the business someone came out and salted the sidewalk(after I fell). I did not go to the hospital because of insurance reasons. I have my regular check up appointment tomorrow with my doctor for being pregnant. I did call the emergency room tonight to see if I should come in and make sure the baby was ok, and if there was anything i could take for the pain in my knee.I would like to know if I have a case?
Adusa

Postby Lamar » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:42 am

Anna,

I am sorry to hear about your trip and fall. I hope that you and your baby will be okay.

You want to know if you have a case of negligence against the property owner of the location where you fell. To prove a case of negligence in a trip and fall incident, you need to show that your trip and fall resulted from the negligence of another person or party and that you suffered damages because of the trip and fall. In your description of the incident, you do not say what caused you to trip and fall. Not knowing what caused you to fall, it is impossible to determine if the property owner may have been at fault. The fact that someone came out and spread salt after you fell does not answer the question about what caused your fall. Did you slip and fall on ice? If ice caused the fall, then you have to consider the obligations of the property owner to remove the ice and the opportunity to remove the ice.

If you could prove that the property owner was negligent, you would still have to show that you suffered damages because of that negligence. From your description you had some immediate pain and naturally had some concern about your unborn child. Yet it sounds as if everything is okay with you and your child. That’s good news, though it also means that you do not have sufficient damages to justify brining a claim against the property owner. I hope this information helps. Carol L. Schlitt

223 Wall Street, Suite 357

Huntington, NY 11743

Toll Free 1.800.660.1466

Office 631-425-9775

Fax 631-415-5004

Email: [email protected]

Blog: http://NYLawThoughts.com

This material is intended for informational uses only. It is not meant as legal advice. To receive legal advice, you should consult an attorney. Remember, past results do not guarantee similar outcomes in the future.  
Lamar

Return to Personal Injury Law