Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Post C Section Hematoma Wound Left Open

Been the victim of Medical Malpractice or fighting a malpractice suit? Discuss it here.

Postby Mayfield » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:59 am

What caused hematoma, was it doctors error? Nurse at hospital forgot to take off my bandages after c section and did not follow doctors orders.

ANSWER: A hematoma is a clot, or a collection of blood. It comes from a bleeder, and in your case a bleeder not closed after surgery. You say the wound was left open. When was that? If the wound had never been closed that suggests the obstetrician knew a bleeder was present. Apparently he couldn't find it, or had left before  he was finished. Big shot surgeons often leave the operating room with a toss of 'Close her' as he struts from the room. No surgeon worth his salt ever leaves until he is assured that the patient is NOT bleeding, and is safe.

Now what the nurse's orders were, I can only guess. But apparently you know she did not follow her orders. That makes the hospital liable for any injuries you may have as a result of the surgery.

So, you need to see a lawyer. Talk to several and don't be put off too easily. You have at least two instances of medical malpractice. You need a lawyer with obstetrics experience.

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

thanks. the c section incision was opened to drain hematoma. i was placed on wound vac for 5 weeks that is what i ment by left open after surgergy 24 hrs after delivery.
Mayfield

Postby Bedwyr » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:03 pm

What caused hematoma, was it doctors error? Nurse at hospital forgot to take off my bandages after c section and did not follow doctors orders.

ANSWER: A hematoma is a clot, or a collection of blood. It comes from a bleeder, and in your case a bleeder not closed after surgery. You say the wound was left open. When was that? If the wound had never been closed that suggests the obstetrician knew a bleeder was present. Apparently he couldn't find it, or had left before  he was finished. Big shot surgeons often leave the operating room with a toss of 'Close her' as he struts from the room. No surgeon worth his salt ever leaves until he is assured that the patient is NOT bleeding, and is safe.

Now what the nurse's orders were, I can only guess. But apparently you know she did not follow her orders. That makes the hospital liable for any injuries you may have as a result of the surgery.

So, you need to see a lawyer. Talk to several and don't be put off too easily. You have at least two instances of medical malpractice. You need a lawyer with obstetrics experience.

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

thanks. the c section incision was opened to drain hematoma. i was placed on wound vac for 5 weeks that is what i ment by left open after surgergy 24 hrs after delivery.
Bedwyr

Postby Ogelsvie » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:13 am

That much blood means an artery, probably the uterine artery, was slashed. Couldn't the surgeon hang around long enough to find it, suture it and save all this grief? If he thought he couldn't, how about calling a vascular surgeon on the staff?

Or, worse for an obstetrician, did he leave the placenta in? Whatever happened, get a lawyer and he will find out.
Ogelsvie

Return to Medical Malpractice