Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Possible Multiple Miscarriages Due To Tubal Ligation Failure

Been the victim of Legal Malpractice? Discuss it here.

Postby Faolan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:40 pm

After having my 4th childbirth over 5 years ago i was was told by my OB-GYN at the time, that due to the pregnancy complications that i had experienced it would be in my best interest to have a Tubal Ligation Procedure performed the following day. Over the past few years after having the procedure, i've had multiple visits to the emergency room with symptoms of abdominal pain, heavy vaginal bleeding, and very intense pain just to name a few... Every time that i was seen, i was told that after having blood work analyzed, CAT scans, internal and external ultrasounds and urine tests that i was not pregnant and nothing was to be found from all the tests performed... I was told that i possibly was passing kidney stones or had a UTI but nothing was ever confirmed neccesarily. After staying at the hospital for hours upon hours, i would be released with anti-biotics and pain medications. Well, for over a month now i have been having the same symptoms with the same results, nothing. The Dr. performed a D&C and a Laprioscopy to find that i possibly have Endometriosis and that he recommended me having a vaginal Hysterectomy whereas i was to have my cervix and uterus removed to "fix" the problem. After talking with Dr. he informed me, with pictures, that in his opinion my tubes didnt appear to have ever been tied. So my question to you is this... Given that my tubes may have never been tied and i've had to encounter so much pain and trips to the emergency room and now a Hysterectomy all because i may have had unwanted failed miscarriages, do i have the grounds for a malpractice lawsuit against the hospital or Dr involved, and if so, how do i persue this matter?
Faolan

Postby Mel » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:57 am

Nathisa,

If you were told and paid for a tubal ligation which was never performed, it is malpractice and quite possibly fraud.  I don't know if your symptoms were a result of the lack of a tubal ligation or "miscarriages" as you have described but you would need to get an expert opinion on this issue.

I suggest you speak to a medical malpractice attorney in your area to determine your legal rights.

Very truly yours,

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.
Mel

Postby Kegan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:57 am

After having my 4th childbirth over 5 years ago i was was told by my OB-GYN at the time, that due to the pregnancy complications that i had experienced it would be in my best interest to have a Tubal Ligation Procedure performed the following day. Over the past few years after having the procedure, i've had multiple visits to the emergency room with symptoms of abdominal pain, heavy vaginal bleeding, and very intense pain just to name a few... Every time that i was seen, i was told that after having blood work analyzed, CAT scans, internal and external ultrasounds and urine tests that i was not pregnant and nothing was to be found from all the tests performed... I was told that i possibly was passing kidney stones or had a UTI but nothing was ever confirmed neccesarily. After staying at the hospital for hours upon hours, i would be released with anti-biotics and pain medications. Well, for over a month now i have been having the same symptoms with the same results, nothing. The Dr. performed a D&C and a Laprioscopy to find that i possibly have Endometriosis and that he recommended me having a vaginal Hysterectomy whereas i was to have my cervix and uterus removed to "fix" the problem. After talking with Dr. he informed me, with pictures, that in his opinion my tubes didnt appear to have ever been tied. So my question to you is this... Given that my tubes may have never been tied and i've had to encounter so much pain and trips to the emergency room and now a Hysterectomy all because i may have had unwanted failed miscarriages, do i have the grounds for a malpractice lawsuit against the hospital or Dr involved, and if so, how do i persue this matter?
Kegan

Return to Legal Malpractice