Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Plastic surgery haram?

Discussions relating to Personal Injury Law

Plastic surgery haram?

Postby ayize » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:22 pm

Hello, I have more of a personal question...
I was wanting to get plastic surgery on my nose, nothing too big, just scrap the bone thing that makes the bump on the bridge of my nose.
I know that plastic surgery is haram usually, unless it's a defect or injury etc...
Well I didn't used to have a big Nose (or big bump) when I was younger, until I got hit on the nose by a jump rope.. Although I do not know if that was the reason, or if it just provoked something that was already suppose to happen. Could someone help and tell me if it would be haram in my case to get the bridge of my nose scraped (plastic surgery)?????
ayize

Plastic surgery haram?

Postby nicolas » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:23 pm

If you had an accident that turned your nose like that then no its not 7araam :D
nicolas

Plastic surgery haram?

Postby zacchaeus21 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:31 pm

Ask someone knowledgeable. Don't take our word. :/

Here's a fatwa, but it's kinda complicated. (http://islamqa.info/en/ref/47694) Talk to someone knowledgeable insha'Allaah.
zacchaeus21

Plastic surgery haram?

Postby sonny » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:33 pm

In a Islamic point of view you can't have a plastic surgery since our lord told us that we have to return to him, In the exact way.

But if this nose-problem unfortunately harms you or look (extremely) inappropriate you may consider to face the surgery.

Good luck :-D
sonny

Plastic surgery haram?

Postby maddox » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi,

Im in the same situation ....I thought it was because a shelf fell on my nose when I was young but I wasnt to sure....Anyways I looked at some old photos of me when I was younger and its very clear I was meant to have a bump on my nose. You dont stop growing until 21 ...so even though you never had it when you was young perhaps you was meant to have it as you grow older.

Anyways, getting to the point I have been to every mosque in my area and they all say the same thing its Haram. Unless your nose is broken because of the jump rope and your 100percent show then its a no. Also if you have no breathing problems, no pain and your nose doesnt look abnormal (realllly stands out and gets people saying OMG)...then once again its a no.

I was asked why do I really want the surgery done and the truth is I wanted it because Magazines, tv shows ...the Media basically says a straight cute button nose is what is 'pretty' nowadays ...and I was just another sucker who thought my nose was ugly because the media doesnt approve of it.

Once I got over the idea of what a 'pretty' nose should look like and started to understand that God gave me my nose because thats what makes me .....as well as everyone is different and I should be very happy with it as well as stop being an ungrateful cow lol ....People have burnt faces and sooo much more ....Im glad I never changed my nose and used my own mind to realise I was thinking a certain way because of what I was seeing around me and not because I really felt it was ugly.

Just say Alhamdulilah. God makes someone for everyone ...if your partner, family and friends love you for you then nothing should worry you ....you should look at your nose and be happy. Perhaps you should be asking yourself why you dont like it?
maddox

Plastic surgery haram?

Postby raleah » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:45 pm

yes.....
dont change creation of allah
raleah

Plastic surgery haram?

Postby chansomps » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:59 pm

I don't really know but personally i think it's haram because we should be thankful to Allah for how we look. Remember you look perfect just the way you are (although i haven't seen you) Allah doesn't make one person's face perfect everyone is beautiful in their own way. So except yourself for who you are. :) Hope this helps :)

Bottlegreen.
chansomps

Plastic surgery haram?

Postby panteno » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:09 pm

No treatment based on advice of a qualified doctor is Haram.
panteno

Plastic surgery haram?

Postby curney13 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:17 pm

Salam Plastic surgery in Islam is haram if it will change the creation of Allah for example to make a flat or big nose to become a sharp nose through a plastic surgery But if your nose was broken caused by an accident (hit by a jump rope)to repair it through a plastic surgery is allowed or halal.
curney13

Return to Personal Injury Law