Alcohol affects the brain centers
B. Not Equally
C. Depends on what you drink
2. Driving/Operating under the influence means:
A. Driving impaired by alcohol
B. Driving under the effects of a drug
C. Either of the above
3. When it comes down to it, __________ causes most collisions
A. Faulty equipment and brake failure
B. Unlicensed or uninsured drivers
C. Selfish and/or aggressive drivers
4. An example of a dangerous passing situation is:
A. When the oncoming car is close and you have a long line of traffic ahead of you
B. When you can't see clearly ahead and the maneuver may not be completed in time
C. All options
5. Drug or alcohol abuse begins when the user
A. Avoids taking drugs or using alcohol regularly
B. Makes the conscious decision to use drugs or alcohol
C. None of the above
6. If someone is injured in a collision, you should
A. move them into the position that appears the most comfortable
B. call for medical help
C. all of the above.
7. The brain plays no role in addiction
8. The chances of being involved in an auto collision once a year are:
A. 1 in 25
B. 1 in 100
C. 1 in 250
9. Signs and road markings are an example of traffic controls.
10. A DUI/OWI conviction stays on your record for
A. 10 years
B. 25 years
C. 75 years
11. If two cars get to a 4-way stop intersection at the same time, which car should be yielded the right-of-way.
A. Car on the right.
B. Car on the left.
C. Car making a turn.
12. ____ of manslaughters are due to alcohol
13. If your accelerator pedal gets stuck, what should you not do?
A. Reach down and pull the accelerator with your hands
B. Apply your brakes
C. Flash your lights to warn others
14. About one of every three collisions results in an injury.
15. The No-Fault Law requires minimum insurance coverage of:
A. $10,000 Personal Injury Protection and $10,000 Property Damage Liability
B. $20,000 Personal Injury Protection and $20,000 Property Damage Liability
C. No insurance
16. A drop of whiskey on your tongue can be detected in your arm in:
A. Seven seconds
B. One minute
C. Three minutes
17. Two parallel white lines indicate:
A. A crosswalk
B. Indicates the time limit for a parking space
C. Marks a non-crossable point in the road
18. Alcohol and other drugs affect the nerve cells within the brain
19. Which is not a hallucinogen
20. Marijuana can cause aggressive and delinquent behavior
21. The maximum speed limit on a Florida highway , unless otherwise posted is
A. 50 mph
B. 55 mph
C. 65 mph
22. Examples of traffic controls are:
A. Signs or road markings
C. All of the above
23. Country roads
A. Are easy to drive as city streets
B. May require a different driving approach.
C. Are always wide open with very little danger from other users.
24. At 55 mph it will take you approximately _____ feet to stop the car.
A. 5 feet
B. 100 feet
C. 228 feet
25. People who drink too much only hurt themselves
26. If you are involved in a collision and you do not stop at the scene
A. You can always make a police report later.
B. You are breaking the law
C. You may proceed as long as there is no injury
27. A speed limit sign is an example of a warning sign:
28. Substance abuse and addiction are called
A. Public enemy number one
B. A term for using drugs
C. None of the above
29. A parking brake system is not required if your service brakes are fully functional.
30. The best tool to extinguish a small gasoline or diesel fire is a portable fire extinguisher.
31. A disadvantage of driving a motorcycle is
A. you cannot stop as quickly as a car
B. you have less protection in a collision
C. All of the options
32. What is psychological dependence
A. The body can function normally, but the brain craves the drug
B. The body cannot function normally
C. The body and brain cannot function normally
33. Most collisions are caused by:
A. Drivers falling asleep at the wheel.
B. Road Rage
C. Driver's attitude
34. If you are under the age of 18 and accumulate six or more points
A. Your license will be suspended for two years
B. Your license will be suspended for one year
C. Your license will be suspended for 90 days
35. Which of the following is NOT very helpful if you find a car or motorcycle approaching you in your lane.