Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Payday Date Change

Discuss Labor Laws

Payday Date Change

Postby Byrleigh » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:24 am

I work for a company and receive my paycheck on the 1st of every month. I received an e-mail from my employer on March 20th that instead of receiving my paycheck on April 1st, they have changed the date for payroll to April 10th. Are they required by Oregon State Law to provide more than a 11 day notice? I know they are allowed to change the date once but was curious as to if they needed to provide adequate notice. I appreciate any input you can provide. Thank you!  
Byrleigh

Payday Date Change

Postby Rangy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:09 pm

I have searched both the Oregon Department of Labor rules and the Oregon Statutes. I can find no rules or regulations on employer notices which need given to change pay dates. All I found was a note that employers are allowed to change pay dates if they are designed to be a permananent change.

I have spend some time searching and there is just nothing out there that regulates this.

Shirley
Rangy

Payday Date Change

Postby Russ » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:18 pm

I work for a company and receive my paycheck on the 1st of every month. I received an e-mail from my employer on March 20th that instead of receiving my paycheck on April 1st, they have changed the date for payroll to April 10th. Are they required by Oregon State Law to provide more than a 11 day notice? I know they are allowed to change the date once but was curious as to if they needed to provide adequate notice. I appreciate any input you can provide. Thank you!  
Russ

Return to Labor Laws