Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Patent For A Product

Patents & Trademarks Discussion Forum

Patent For A Product

Postby Gotzon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:42 am

I own a Internet Radio Station. I have came up with my own Internet Radio. I know the Internet Radio has already been invented. My question is: Do I need permission to make my own brand of an Internet Radio. Do I have to get a patent on my own brand? The Internet Radio has already been invented I just want to make my own version of it.  Thank you.
Gotzon

Patent For A Product

Postby Kellan » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:15 am

I own a Internet Radio Station. I have came up with my own Internet Radio. I know the Internet Radio has already been invented. My question is: Do I need permission to make my own brand of an Internet Radio. Do I have to get a patent on my own brand? The Internet Radio has already been invented I just want to make my own version of it.  Thank you.
Kellan

Patent For A Product

Postby Alphonsus » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:42 pm

Hi Lynette,

When you refer to making your own brand, if you are talking about branding your radio name...like Lynette's Talk Show, or something like that,and promoting that brand, then a patent would not be applicable. From what I have checked out, you do not need permission to form your own brand, however, there may be licensing requirements involved to have an internet radio station. Since internet radio is not my area of expertise, you may want to check out some books on the subject to have any questions answered in more detail.

Blessings on your endeavor!

Julie  
Alphonsus

Return to Patents & Trademarks