Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Partial Liability

Defamation Law Discussion Forum

Partial Liability

Postby Busby » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:29 am

i am in virginia, I was backed into in a grocery store parking lot.  The damage is to my rear quarter panel, just behind the drivers door(2 door car).  I filed the claim with his insurance company, they came back with 60% liable...which I believe is not true...i want 100% of the cost.  I however do not have collision coverage through my insurance comapny, so they will not take the case to arbitration.  Is there something I can do(hopefully not involving a lawyer) to get a 3rd party to look at the pictures/damage??

sam
Busby

Partial Liability

Postby Uzziel » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:38 pm

i am in virginia, I was backed into in a grocery store parking lot.  The damage is to my rear quarter panel, just behind the drivers door(2 door car).  I filed the claim with his insurance company, they came back with 60% liable...which I believe is not true...i want 100% of the cost.  I however do not have collision coverage through my insurance comapny, so they will not take the case to arbitration.  Is there something I can do(hopefully not involving a lawyer) to get a 3rd party to look at the pictures/damage??

sam
Uzziel

Partial Liability

Postby Heath » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:05 pm

Sam,   I am sorry for the delay, I have been swamped, I am usually much faster.  You have a very common question, and the answer is easy.  Small Claims Court.   The only remedy you have outside of an attorney is to utilize small claims court.  In VA, you can sue for up to $5000.00.  This is your best bet.  If you want more info on the process, call our office or check out:http://www.courts.state.va.us/resources/small_claims_court_procedures.pdf

I hope this helps, and sorry again for the delay.
Heath

Return to Defamation Law