Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Official Dubai Rules And Law

Talk about immigration laws here

Postby hardouin » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:34 am

Hi I am doing a project on the cultures beliefs and laws in Dubai I have also begun to look at sharia law. I was wondering is there any documented details of the laws of the country relating to in particular unmarried couples staying together and how to conduct yourself within the country. For example in the UK you are able to find many details on the law and what is and isnt illegal. However I have been told for instance that it is illegal for unmarried couples to stay in the same hotel room and I can find many comments confirming this; but no official documentation on this. Can you tell me where I can find this, how do you know its illegal if it is not documented somewhere?

I hope that you can help.

Lou
hardouin

Postby Vicente » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:51 pm

Hi I am doing a project on the cultures beliefs and laws in Dubai I have also begun to look at sharia law. I was wondering is there any documented details of the laws of the country relating to in particular unmarried couples staying together and how to conduct yourself within the country. For example in the UK you are able to find many details on the law and what is and isnt illegal. However I have been told for instance that it is illegal for unmarried couples to stay in the same hotel room and I can find many comments confirming this; but no official documentation on this. Can you tell me where I can find this, how do you know its illegal if it is not documented somewhere?

I hope that you can help.

Lou
Vicente

Postby Edoardo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:13 am

Dear Lou,

Thanks for your question. If you try to find official documents especially for Dubai, you can try with the official website of Dubai courts.This is where you will get married and the best is to ask there.http://www.dubaicourts.gov.ae/portal/page?_pageid=53,72555,53_72559&_dad=portal&...

Sharia law might differ from country to country, but you can also see a lot of information here:http://www.uaeinteract.com/news/default.asp?ID=33

My Best wishes for your successful project.

Vessela Zarankova  
Edoardo

Return to Immigration Law