Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Notice Period During Probation Period

Discuss anything relating to Consumer Law

Postby Tyree » Wed May 21, 2014 9:26 am

As per the appointmnet letter it states that you will be on probation for 6 months . During probation period , your notice period is for  month. Against thsi backdrop, after completing 3 months service, I have decided to put in my papers and have decided to serve 15 days notice period, and have requested that next 15 days notice period will be paid out by me. Still I am having a concern. Does the company can still hold me back and ask for serving 1 month notice period instead of me paying up for the notice period ? In that case waht will happen with the relieving letter/ release oder? Pl advice.

ANSWER: You shall have to serve the termination notice strictly as per the termination clause contained in your appointment letter.Otherwise, company has the discretion not to accept it.

So, please comply with the same.If you reproduce the exact clause ,I can guide you appropriately.

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

For probation it only mentions that "during probation your notice period is for 1 month"....in that case if i am unable to serve the full one month...can the rest of the period can be served in lieu of salary?pl advice
Tyree

Postby Terrel » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:00 pm

Since there is no specific provision in your terms of engagement to leave either by one month's notice or equivalent pay in lieu thereof,you have to serve full one month's notice.However,it is fully at the diacretion of the company to waive/reduce the notice period.

In view of the above,please take appropriate action on the matter in consultation with the HR Dept.of your employer.Apparently,they are not likely to agree.
Terrel

Return to Consumer Law