Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

No Money To Get A Divorce, But Need One.

Defamation Law Discussion Forum

Postby Hobart » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:24 pm

I need some help, I have been married for 4 years and nothing is going right, i'm a stay at home mom so there for I have no money at all and his is very limited. I want a divorce and there is nothing to save this marrage, I also have no money to file for one, but I know the longer I stay the more stress and anger i will have. What or who can I go to for a divorce?
Hobart

Postby Eldred » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:07 am

Dear Jamie,

One of the best places to start is to use the internet to gain more informaiton. Many states have free, downloadable divorce forms. There is usually a small fee to file the petition for divorce. I encourage you to educate yourself on the laws of your state by searching under "Name of state + Domestic Relations Statutes" You will find the laws surrounding marriage and divorce that can help you and your spouse create your own divorce decree. The more you and your sposue can work out when it comes to who will live where, who will pay for what, alimony and child support if any and of course child custody. Your state also has a website realting to child support and custody. check out divorcenetwork.org for state by state information. If you income is low enough you may be eligible for legal aid. I hope this is of some help.
Eldred

Postby Danso » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:33 am

I need some help, I have been married for 4 years and nothing is going right, i'm a stay at home mom so there for I have no money at all and his is very limited. I want a divorce and there is nothing to save this marrage, I also have no money to file for one, but I know the longer I stay the more stress and anger i will have. What or who can I go to for a divorce?
Danso

Return to Defamation Law