Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

New UK Immigration laws for work permit holders?

Talk about immigration laws here

Postby deangelo51 » Thu Sep 14, 1995 8:30 am

Hi
I am on a Work permit in UK with an annual salary of about 45K per annum. Does the new Immigration laws affect me?

1. It says there is a new practice code of minimum pay - how do I know what is the revised minimum pay for my job?
2. is it true that if i have any traffic accident due to my negligence, I get disqualifies for the ILR?

any help is much appreciated.
deangelo51

Postby siwili » Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:31 pm

1. Here's the info on the codes of practice. Find the one that relates to your job and it will give you the salary level you need to achieve for a CoS.

2. Only if criminal proceedings are commenced against you. From now on, you must have no unspent convictions in order to apply for ILR. If you get a fixed penalty notice, that is not a conviction. A conviction is when a court hands down a judgement. Even a fine will stay on your record for five years and prevent you applying for ILR until it becomes spent.
siwili

Postby chason58 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:13 pm

Hi
I am on a Work permit in UK with an annual salary of about 45K per annum. Does the new Immigration laws affect me?

1. It says there is a new practice code of minimum pay - how do I know what is the revised minimum pay for my job?
2. is it true that if i have any traffic accident due to my negligence, I get disqualifies for the ILR?

any help is much appreciated.
chason58

Return to Immigration Law