Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Nerve Damage

Been the victim of Legal Malpractice? Discuss it here.

Nerve Damage

Postby Adhamhnan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:16 pm

In July 2010, I had total knee replacement. I am doing well as far as my range of motion and therapy however. I have a feeling I am suffering from femoral nerve damage. The reason why I suspect this is because since my release I have and still suffer from this burning pain in my inner leg that stretches from the ankle up to mid-thigh. My inner leg not only burns but it is extremely sensitive to touch. I cannot touch my leg with my hand, it hurts if anything brushes up against it and it especially hurts at night if the sheets of my bed touch my inner leg. Getting a full night sleep no longer exists. I toss and turn all night - every night. I got a call at home from the anesthesiologist after discharge, who was checking up on this burning pain and he, himself told me that there could have been some nerve damage from the tourniquet or the femoral block. He then prescribed me with a nerve pill called Gabapentin for me to take 3 times a day(began taking 8/2). The pills do not help what so ever! I do not know if I have to live with this severe burning sensation & sensitivity or if it will ever go away. The orthopedic Dr who performed my surgery referred me to a "nerve" or neuro doctor and I guess after numerous tests I will find out what damage has been done. My question is, if I find out that there is nerve damage will I have a malpractice lawsuit?
Adhamhnan

Nerve Damage

Postby eugenios » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:31 am

In July 2010, I had total knee replacement. I am doing well as far as my range of motion and therapy however. I have a feeling I am suffering from femoral nerve damage. The reason why I suspect this is because since my release I have and still suffer from this burning pain in my inner leg that stretches from the ankle up to mid-thigh. My inner leg not only burns but it is extremely sensitive to touch. I cannot touch my leg with my hand, it hurts if anything brushes up against it and it especially hurts at night if the sheets of my bed touch my inner leg. Getting a full night sleep no longer exists. I toss and turn all night - every night. I got a call at home from the anesthesiologist after discharge, who was checking up on this burning pain and he, himself told me that there could have been some nerve damage from the tourniquet or the femoral block. He then prescribed me with a nerve pill called Gabapentin for me to take 3 times a day(began taking 8/2). The pills do not help what so ever! I do not know if I have to live with this severe burning sensation & sensitivity or if it will ever go away. The orthopedic Dr who performed my surgery referred me to a "nerve" or neuro doctor and I guess after numerous tests I will find out what damage has been done. My question is, if I find out that there is nerve damage will I have a malpractice lawsuit?
eugenios

Nerve Damage

Postby Walwyn » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:05 pm

You may have a suit but femoral nerve damage is a known risk of knee replacement so I suspect most attorneys will not want to get involved.

You should move quickly, however, since the STatute of Limitation(Time limit for suing) is short in every state.

Ed Smith

Sacramento, CA

www.autoaccident.com
Walwyn

Return to Legal Malpractice