Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Need To Check Status Of Passport

Talk about immigration laws here

Postby Falcon » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:59 pm

Hi Bill, I recently returned to the USA after spending spend 16 months in makati on a work Visa. I'm American. In 4 days,(11/10) I am traveling back to Manila for a job interview. However, I want to know if there is any way to check my entry status, with my passport, before presenting to the Immigration Officer. I had two seperate ocassions of being detained, due to no copy of a return ticket. In both cases, they were resloved. But, I want to see if I have been flagged or blacklisted before making the trip. Is there anyone in the PI or in the states that can find out my entry status? Is there an online verifier or data base to check? Apprecite your insight.
Falcon

Postby Fritz » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:16 pm

I just did a few google searches to find out that there seems to be a new policy by Philippine immigration to blacklist anyone who can potentially disrupt the peace and order and political stability of the Philippines. They barred a Nobel peace price nominee from Bangladesh, a lawyer from the States and anyone with possible links to terrorist organizations for a total of 504 blacklisted  this past July and August alone. The official Philippines Immigration Website is DOWN, or unavailable at the moment, otherwise maybe you could just check out your status there. I did find one law office specializing in Immigration cases but looks expensive to me. My wife knows a local couple who are immigration officers(I think the husband retired recently) who could check for you had you given us a bit more notice. My gut feeling is you may be "red flagged' but NOT blacklisted so your attitude and demeanor upon arrival will be the most important consideration. In recent years I have been surprised to know how much POWER immigration officials DO HAVE and how independent the dept is as a government entity without check and balances associated with other departments of government. So having a ticket OUT of the Philippines is an easy way to avoid hassles and discounted round trip tickets are ONLY 20% maybe higher than economy one way tickets, even if you allow such a ticket to expire, it's the wiser option. GOOD LUCK and email me once you arrive at: [email protected]
Fritz

Postby Quinton » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:01 am

Hi Bill, I recently returned to the USA after spending spend 16 months in makati on a work Visa. I'm American. In 4 days,(11/10) I am traveling back to Manila for a job interview. However, I want to know if there is any way to check my entry status, with my passport, before presenting to the Immigration Officer. I had two seperate ocassions of being detained, due to no copy of a return ticket. In both cases, they were resloved. But, I want to see if I have been flagged or blacklisted before making the trip. Is there anyone in the PI or in the states that can find out my entry status? Is there an online verifier or data base to check? Apprecite your insight.
Quinton

Return to Immigration Law