Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Name Mismatch In Passport And Us H1b Petition - Help Needed

Talk about immigration laws here

Postby Boyne » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:01 pm

Hi, H1B Visa petition has been initiated for me and the present USCIS H1B status is “Initial Review". Well, I have a problem in having order of my name in passport when it compared to petition name. Petition name present in Work permit for USA - Sankar Venkata Naga Siva Whereas name in my passport, it is, Given Names – Venkata Naga Siva Sankar ==> My call out name is Sankar and so i have put this name in first name column of petition and filled middle name column is filled with Venkata Naga Siva.(Surname is correct in both passport and petition) One of my colleague has recently told me that the name difference in US petition and Passport may cause a problem during stamping. Kindly direct me with appropriate measures which ought to be taken in order to have this corrected. Thanks for your time.
Boyne

Postby Dremidydd » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:05 am

Hello Sankar,

Since your work permit for USA is provided already which has the first name, surname and middle name written in the order that is required and the same name without any spelling mistake is there in your passport and that the order in which it is printed on your passport, in my opinion, may not be a big concern with the immigration. If there is a question, you will surely be able to provide satisfactory answer the order in which the name is printed on your passport.

To be more sure about this, you may write to your immigration to check if there will be any issue on this and if there is positive answer, you can request for a change in the work permit at cost and get it corrected as per your passport to avoid complications.

best regards

Javed Razack
Dremidydd

Postby Birr » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:27 pm

Hi, H1B Visa petition has been initiated for me and the present USCIS H1B status is “Initial Review". Well, I have a problem in having order of my name in passport when it compared to petition name. Petition name present in Work permit for USA - Sankar Venkata Naga Siva Whereas name in my passport, it is, Given Names – Venkata Naga Siva Sankar ==> My call out name is Sankar and so i have put this name in first name column of petition and filled middle name column is filled with Venkata Naga Siva.(Surname is correct in both passport and petition) One of my colleague has recently told me that the name difference in US petition and Passport may cause a problem during stamping. Kindly direct me with appropriate measures which ought to be taken in order to have this corrected. Thanks for your time.
Birr

Return to Immigration Law