Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Name Change Problem

Criminal Law Discussion Forum

Name Change Problem

Postby Arland » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:54 pm

Dear Alpana Srivastava

I wanted to change name from Lalita sharma to Swasti. My dad went to an advocate(in 2006) and he told

1. File an affidavit and get the details abt name change published in news paper. I did so and started using name swasti

Later i got married with name swasti in wedding card.

Got a ration card with name swasti.

I did my b.ed in 2010 and some how managed to get degree with name swasti.

Now in 2011 i came to know that publishing name change info in State Gazzette is a MUST. Which i failed to do.. as i was not told abt it.

Now m lost..... wot should i do.

1. I got half of documents with old name and half with new name.

2. Problem: Got name Changed when the name change procedure had not been completed by me.

Please guide me to come out of this mess please.....

Regards

Swasti

ANSWER: Dear Swasti,

In case you wish to complete all formalities relating to name change, I would suggest you to repeat the process from start to finish. This might be a little more tedious, however it would save you from any problem in future. Additionally, in case you have already amended your passport/visa, degree etc in your name, I do not see much need for you to reapply for name change.

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

do i need to get name change in all my old school/college certificates or just gazzette and affidavit are sufficient to save myself from harassment and pay additional money to get work done.
Arland

Name Change Problem

Postby Aodhagan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:37 pm

Dear Swasti,

You need to get fresh degrees/mark sheets issued in your new name. This may not be necessary if you do not require to submit/produce theses documents to anyone. However, if you need these documents, you have to obtain obtains fresh ones.
Aodhagan

Name Change Problem

Postby Torran » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:30 pm

Dear Alpana Srivastava

I wanted to change name from Lalita sharma to Swasti. My dad went to an advocate(in 2006) and he told

1. File an affidavit and get the details abt name change published in news paper. I did so and started using name swasti

Later i got married with name swasti in wedding card.

Got a ration card with name swasti.

I did my b.ed in 2010 and some how managed to get degree with name swasti.

Now in 2011 i came to know that publishing name change info in State Gazzette is a MUST. Which i failed to do.. as i was not told abt it.

Now m lost..... wot should i do.

1. I got half of documents with old name and half with new name.

2. Problem: Got name Changed when the name change procedure had not been completed by me.

Please guide me to come out of this mess please.....

Regards

Swasti

ANSWER: Dear Swasti,

In case you wish to complete all formalities relating to name change, I would suggest you to repeat the process from start to finish. This might be a little more tedious, however it would save you from any problem in future. Additionally, in case you have already amended your passport/visa, degree etc in your name, I do not see much need for you to reapply for name change.

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

do i need to get name change in all my old school/college certificates or just gazzette and affidavit are sufficient to save myself from harassment and pay additional money to get work done.
Torran

Return to Criminal Law