Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

My Fiances Deported I Want To Move To Mexico

Talk about immigration laws here

Postby Kaleem » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:24 pm

my fiance lives in veracruz he was deported 2 months ago.. he cannot re enter us 20 years he was told .. i want to marry him and live in mexico i dont know how to go aout any of this please tell me who i need to contact here and in mexico thatnk you
Kaleem

Postby Helushka » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:53 am

my fiance lives in veracruz he was deported 2 months ago.. he cannot re enter us 20 years he was told .. i want to marry him and live in mexico i dont know how to go aout any of this please tell me who i need to contact here and in mexico thatnk you
Helushka

Postby Masson » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:53 pm

It is only 10 years. Anyway, it is close to immposible for him to get a visa after being deported, but maybe if he has a US wife and children it might be possible.

Living in Mexico is pretty hard, it is another culture(nothing like your fiance, he will even be different in Mexico, too), another language, another system. So you need to be prepared to move to something close to Hell for him.

As far as how to go through with it: you need to get a passport, save up money and get some vaccines. You can go to the Mexican consulate near you and get more info, but the usual way is:

You get to a border crossing or an airport and you apply for a tourist visa. You have to pay for this visa and then you have a permit to stay in Mexico for 180 days(6 months). After this six months, you have to reapply for the tourist visa. They usually will grant it to you, but by law, you cannot get an extension on this kind of Visa. Most expats will apply for an alien resident visa when they get to Mexico, it takes around 2 to 4 months to get that visa, so you have to apply soon. For this visa you need a fee, you need a sponsor(your fiance), you need proof of permanent adress in Mexico and you need proof that you have enough money to live without working in Mexico. Foreigners are not allowed to work(and even so, jobs are almost immposible to find) until they reach a certain immigration status, they have to be married to a Mexican, pretty much have children and then have lived two years in good status in mexico.

Now, for getting married to your fiance you also need to have a good immigration status(a valid visa) or you cannot marry him legally. There is no easy way around it.

Good Luck.
Masson

Return to Immigration Law