Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Research Law Professors Before Choosing Law Schools

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

My cousin just got arrested for Class A misdemeanor theft in Texas. What punishment will he most likely get?

Discussions relating to Drug Laws

My cousin just got arrested for Class A misdemeanor theft in Texas. What punishment will he most likely get?

Postby newyddilyn60 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:03 am

Long story short: My 23-year old cousin just got arrested for Class A misdemeanor theft. He stole a ring from his grandmother, and he got arrested (as he should have). I'm pretty sure he was trying to get drug money.

He already has a Class C misdemeanor on his record for shoplifting about three years ago (again, stupid). He has also had CPS called on him for drug use, in which he tested positive for meth about 4 months ago. How will these two issues effect his current Class A misdemeanor case?

I know the penal code states that he can expect no more than 1 year in a county jail and/or a fine of not more than $4,000. But realistically, what kind of jail time/fines is he looking at? If anyone has had experience in a case similar to this/you have previously worked in law enforcement, please tell me what a possible punishment would be. I'm trying to help out his beautiful, innocent, pregnant wife figure all of this out so she can decide what her next step should be for her, her son, and her unborn baby.

Thank-you.
newyddilyn60

Postby unss94 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:06 am

His beautiful, innocent, pregnant wife and unborn child should hope for the death penalty to get rid of the junkie, theving, crack addicted waste of space.
unss94

Postby parnell » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:12 am

Depends on his lawyer and the judge. It's likely he'll do some time, probably short though. Best case scenario he gets probation.
parnell

Return to Drug Laws