Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

More Info About A Yale Lock

Discussions relating to Drug Laws

Postby Ceastun » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:44 am

yale lock

Hi Andy, in the basement of my house there's an old safe built into the wall.  The lock says "Yale", but inside the safe there's no other identifying information.  The dial goes up to 100, and there are 4 numbers in the combination. The door is round maybe 4-5 inches in diameter, and the interior cavity is cylindrical, about a foot deep, and maybe 6-7 in in diameter. The house was built in 1919.  We have the combination and it works beautifully, but I was wondering if there's any way to determine when the safe was made or installed, and maybe who the manufacturer of the safe was or could have been? Thanks, Amanda
Ceastun

Postby Boote » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:21 am

Amanda,

This one took a little research, you have a Cramer Bros, 6-1/8" lift out, lug door safe.  Here is a little history:

1886 Cramer Bros. Safe Co., founded in Kansas City, Mo.

1930's name:  Cramer Safe & Office equipment Co.,

1940 safe mfg, business sold to Mosler safe co.  (Mosler bankrupt 2001)

Currently doing busines as:  Cramer, Inc.

Unfortunately, I don't have any info on the types of safe that they built over the 54 year period from 1886 to 1940, but they included fire resistive safes(in response to the great Chicago fire of 1871), and obviously smaller burglary resistive safes like yours.

You may be able to contact Cramer, Inc for any historical info.

If you’d like more information about Cramer products or if you have questions, please contact us!

Cramer, Inc.

1222 Quebec St.

N. Kansas City, MO 64116

Telephone: 800.366.6700

Customer Service Reps:

Jessica Lankford(Ext. 263)

Beth Leftwich(Ext. 241) Laura McClendon(Ext. 401)

Jonna Stockwell(Ext. 266)

Fax: 816.471.7188

Email: [email protected]

Hope this helps out, and if you get any history on their safes, hopefully you will pass it on to me.

Andy
Boote

Postby Wartun » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:57 pm

yale lock

Hi Andy, in the basement of my house there's an old safe built into the wall.  The lock says "Yale", but inside the safe there's no other identifying information.  The dial goes up to 100, and there are 4 numbers in the combination. The door is round maybe 4-5 inches in diameter, and the interior cavity is cylindrical, about a foot deep, and maybe 6-7 in in diameter. The house was built in 1919.  We have the combination and it works beautifully, but I was wondering if there's any way to determine when the safe was made or installed, and maybe who the manufacturer of the safe was or could have been? Thanks, Amanda
Wartun

Return to Drug Laws