Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Misdemeanors

Been involved in a traffic accident? Discuss traffic laws here

Misdemeanors

Postby Redding » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:07 am

My husband is trying to get into the police academy.  He was told at one of the districts that he applied to that he was automatically rejected because he admitted to trying steroids in college.  The other districts he has looked into stated that you will be permanently rejected if you have conviction, pleading to or admitting to Class A misdemeanor.  is trying steriods something that they normally would reject an applicant for?  Is that considered a misdemeanor?  
Redding

Misdemeanors

Postby Aurelio » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:09 pm

My husband is trying to get into the police academy.  He was told at one of the districts that he applied to that he was automatically rejected because he admitted to trying steroids in college.  The other districts he has looked into stated that you will be permanently rejected if you have conviction, pleading to or admitting to Class A misdemeanor.  is trying steriods something that they normally would reject an applicant for?  Is that considered a misdemeanor?  
Aurelio

Misdemeanors

Postby Manzo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:47 pm

Ms. fluctuates,

Thanks for the question.

I am not sure what state you live in, but possession of steroids fluctuates between felony and misdemeanor depending on what state you live in.

Some law enforcement agencies will automatically disqualify you for possession of illegal substances or admitting to using illegal substances.Each agency has a separate hiring policy and what it will or will not accept in past conduct.

So, it really depends on where you live and what agency you are applying with as to what standards are in place.

I hope this helps out.

Best wishes,
Manzo

Return to Traffic Law