Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Misdemeanor

Defamation Law Discussion Forum

Misdemeanor

Postby Terrelle » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:44 am

I was recently pulled over by undercover narcotics while smoking marijuana in my car in an empty lot on my lunch break, since they received a call from my co-worker. Instead of issuing me a citation I was given his number, I was given his cell number, as well an "Evidence Property" form with the items they took from me. He told me I had 2 weeks to decided if I would help them and work undercover. Even if I help, the charges will not be completely dropped. I am a student and cannot afford a lawyer, I looked online for a free lawyer, but I may be to dumb to know where to look. Where can I go to get free legal advice from a lawyer that works for the state? I live in Eugene OR.

Also, if you could have any other possible insight to the situation it would be appreciated. It should be noted I have been in the process of getting a medical card, but it takes a while.
Terrelle

Misdemeanor

Postby Prescot » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:59 am

Alex,

First off I must tell you, I am not an attorney and write from a law enforcement perpective.

Can you attain free legal advice? Yes! Contact your State Attorney's office and ask for the number of your local "Legal Aide" office.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Lou
Prescot

Misdemeanor

Postby Carey » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:31 pm

I was recently pulled over by undercover narcotics while smoking marijuana in my car in an empty lot on my lunch break, since they received a call from my co-worker. Instead of issuing me a citation I was given his number, I was given his cell number, as well an "Evidence Property" form with the items they took from me. He told me I had 2 weeks to decided if I would help them and work undercover. Even if I help, the charges will not be completely dropped. I am a student and cannot afford a lawyer, I looked online for a free lawyer, but I may be to dumb to know where to look. Where can I go to get free legal advice from a lawyer that works for the state? I live in Eugene OR.

Also, if you could have any other possible insight to the situation it would be appreciated. It should be noted I have been in the process of getting a medical card, but it takes a while.
Carey

Return to Defamation Law