Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Mirena

Been the victim of Legal Malpractice? Discuss it here.

Mirena

Postby Dayson » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:06 am

2 months after having my daughter my Dr suggested the Mirena and Inserted it into my uterus 2 weeks later I had been having severe pain and went into the drs my Dr was on vacation so i saw another Dr in her practice. they felt around for my pains and said the Mirena was no longer in there and they did an ultra sound to check and they did not see it. She then told me not to worry it probably came out and the pain was probably my uterus contracting because I was breast feeding. I continued to have discomfort and cramping just not as severe and 4 months later I went to the ER for kidney stones and when they did a scan for the stones they found my Mirena it had torn through my uterus and into my abdomen. I am now in need of surgery and have the possibility of not having any more children. do i have a case with them not looking into the lost mirena?
Dayson

Mirena

Postby Radmund » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:13 am

2 months after having my daughter my Dr suggested the Mirena and Inserted it into my uterus 2 weeks later I had been having severe pain and went into the drs my Dr was on vacation so i saw another Dr in her practice. they felt around for my pains and said the Mirena was no longer in there and they did an ultra sound to check and they did not see it. She then told me not to worry it probably came out and the pain was probably my uterus contracting because I was breast feeding. I continued to have discomfort and cramping just not as severe and 4 months later I went to the ER for kidney stones and when they did a scan for the stones they found my Mirena it had torn through my uterus and into my abdomen. I am now in need of surgery and have the possibility of not having any more children. do i have a case with them not looking into the lost mirena?
Radmund

Mirena

Postby Hearne » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:24 pm

I have read questions exactly like yours probably 150 times and I will give you the same answer. firstly, I do have some background in this subject having handled hundreds of Dalkon Shield IUD cases back in the 80s.  The Mirena, and any IUD, has a known risk of actually perforating the uterus such as happened to you.  This happens not because of a particular defect in design of the Mirena but just because the uterus naturally wants to expel a foreign object, such as an IUD. It can go out the easy way or right through the wall of the uterus.  You may not have been aware of this problem,  your doctor may not have mentioned it, but it is in the fine print on the product warning list. There is no kind of class action going on about the Mirena and this problem, although I think there should be.  So, there is nothing special about your case.........except to you of course........and there is nothing the doctor did wrong that caused this..........so, no legal recourse.  Chances are after they pull out the lost IUD by way of laparoscopy, you will be fine and can have more successful pregnancies. Don't freak out. You will be fine.
Hearne

Return to Legal Malpractice