Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Mental Harassment By Wife And Inlaws

Family Law Discussion Forum

Postby Justain » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:38 pm

Sir my name is Pankaj thakur and working in private job(night duty), I am married for 4 yrs and have a daughter. My query is that my wife has been harassing me since my daughter has born. After marriage she inspired me to take hold of house holding responsibilities and she ll be saving her salary(working in pvt job day shift).After my daughter born our livelihood wages increased and I asked support from my wife to share with me, but she refused and made several issues, even inspired me to slap her by hurting my manly hood and made issues several times in front of both the families, which had damaged my image in both the families. She keeps herself away from me and does not give my sexual as well as respectful social life by harassing me,(we meet on weekends)sometimes gives unwanted exams, goes to her home for months to study but I regularly check she does not, she is usually found sleeping or playing with daughter, my inlawys now too support her as she had made my reputation as if I regularly beat her but all knows that its money issue because I had now stopped supporting her in monetary terms due to bad back experience. When in past I took all the responsibilities, she did the saving.She n her family were happy for that but one day in small dispute I told her now I will do the saving n she ll hold the family monetary responsibilities.But she harassed me by comparing with his brothers, saying vulgar words like beggar in whispering voice n more. And now she keeps my daughter away from me by making any means(spending most time at her own home which is very near to our home) which had now disturbed a lot. Sir I don’t know what to do as I have been living bachelor life almost for 3 yrs after my daughter birth. Sir kindly help me. I ll be very great full to you,Regards
Justain

Postby Leonidas » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:43 am

Dear Pankaj Thakur

Yours is a complicated matter and I will try to reply as precisely as possible. First off all, let me state that you as a parent have complete right to see the child and your wife nor her relatives can in anyway stop the same. Also if you are denied the physical gratification by your wife and withdrawing from the conjugal relationship with out a valid reason, that also amounts to metal cruelty. Under the circumstances, you can approach the court and file a petition for Divorce. But legally you cannot force your wife to conduct the expenses of the house as it is the husband's responsibility to maintain the house hold. Also under no circumstances can slapping the wife be legally justified. Of course, it is perfectly understandable that in a fit of range, one may loose ones cool.But you will be in real trouble if your wife files a case against you for physical and mental cruelty. Anyway there is a limit to the amount of advice I will be able to give you in such a public forum which is accessible to the public to read . Hence I would advice you to consult a good lawyer who should be well versed in criminal and family laws. He will after hearing your problem be able to help you and give you a solution to your problem.

Yours truly

Advocate Manoj Ambat

Lawyer/Legal Consultant  
Leonidas

Postby Carmi » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:24 pm

Sir my name is Pankaj thakur and working in private job(night duty), I am married for 4 yrs and have a daughter. My query is that my wife has been harassing me since my daughter has born. After marriage she inspired me to take hold of house holding responsibilities and she ll be saving her salary(working in pvt job day shift).After my daughter born our livelihood wages increased and I asked support from my wife to share with me, but she refused and made several issues, even inspired me to slap her by hurting my manly hood and made issues several times in front of both the families, which had damaged my image in both the families. She keeps herself away from me and does not give my sexual as well as respectful social life by harassing me,(we meet on weekends)sometimes gives unwanted exams, goes to her home for months to study but I regularly check she does not, she is usually found sleeping or playing with daughter, my inlawys now too support her as she had made my reputation as if I regularly beat her but all knows that its money issue because I had now stopped supporting her in monetary terms due to bad back experience. When in past I took all the responsibilities, she did the saving.She n her family were happy for that but one day in small dispute I told her now I will do the saving n she ll hold the family monetary responsibilities.But she harassed me by comparing with his brothers, saying vulgar words like beggar in whispering voice n more. And now she keeps my daughter away from me by making any means(spending most time at her own home which is very near to our home) which had now disturbed a lot. Sir I don’t know what to do as I have been living bachelor life almost for 3 yrs after my daughter birth. Sir kindly help me. I ll be very great full to you,Regards
Carmi

Return to Family Law