Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Medical Malpractice

Been the victim of Medical Malpractice or fighting a malpractice suit? Discuss it here.

Medical Malpractice

Postby Ulmarr » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:35 am

I had the same gynecologist for 12 years. During that time I had fertility problems, a miscarriage, an ectopic pregnancy leading to one tubal ligation, then on to finally having two beautiful girls.  The following years were filled with visit after visit for abdominal pain, ovarian cysts, fluid in the abdomen, visits for symptoms of pain during intercourse, progressively painful periods, gastrointestinal discomfort, heavy clotted periods, requests for testing to find out why I felt like something was wrong with me, questions of perimenopause, etc...  Then in May 2007 I was finally in such severe pain it was affecting my ability to work.  I requested a special "consultation" to discuss matters.  I was of course concerned about ovarian cancer.  He assured me I was too young for this(I am 38).  I basically was sent home with no plan for anything.  

The next day...I couldn't walk.  I was doubled over in pain.  I had previously made an appointment with another gynecologist for a second opinion because I "just knew" that I wouldn't get an answer from my doctor.  After an initial consultation(with me in tears of pain) he examined me.  He immediately said "I am so sorry. It is very very bad. I am just so sorry. Your uterus is a mass of scars.  You have terrible endometriosis.  Needless to say I broke down right then and there.

My new doctor performed a FULL hysterectomy June 27th.  I am now back at work and trying to play catch up and dealing with being shot into menopause!  

My question is do I have a case for negligence or failure to diagnose against my doctor.  I feel like I practically begged for help for years with no results!
Ulmarr

Medical Malpractice

Postby EIlis » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:35 am

Sorry to hear all you went thru, Tmanatha. You may well have a case for the missed diagnosis and years of pain, but a problem you may have is the statute of limitations(The limited time in which malpractice suits can be brought). Please consult with a local medical malpractice attorney immediately.

Ed Smith
EIlis

Medical Malpractice

Postby Dresden » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:38 am

I had the same gynecologist for 12 years. During that time I had fertility problems, a miscarriage, an ectopic pregnancy leading to one tubal ligation, then on to finally having two beautiful girls.  The following years were filled with visit after visit for abdominal pain, ovarian cysts, fluid in the abdomen, visits for symptoms of pain during intercourse, progressively painful periods, gastrointestinal discomfort, heavy clotted periods, requests for testing to find out why I felt like something was wrong with me, questions of perimenopause, etc...  Then in May 2007 I was finally in such severe pain it was affecting my ability to work.  I requested a special "consultation" to discuss matters.  I was of course concerned about ovarian cancer.  He assured me I was too young for this(I am 38).  I basically was sent home with no plan for anything.  

The next day...I couldn't walk.  I was doubled over in pain.  I had previously made an appointment with another gynecologist for a second opinion because I "just knew" that I wouldn't get an answer from my doctor.  After an initial consultation(with me in tears of pain) he examined me.  He immediately said "I am so sorry. It is very very bad. I am just so sorry. Your uterus is a mass of scars.  You have terrible endometriosis.  Needless to say I broke down right then and there.

My new doctor performed a FULL hysterectomy June 27th.  I am now back at work and trying to play catch up and dealing with being shot into menopause!  

My question is do I have a case for negligence or failure to diagnose against my doctor.  I feel like I practically begged for help for years with no results!
Dresden

Return to Medical Malpractice