Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Medical Malpractice Claims

Been the victim of Legal Malpractice? Discuss it here.

Postby Arlin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:08 am

I am a practicing emergency physician frequently providing expert witness and consultation services.  Pennsylvania has a "CAT" fund which makes available to the public statistics relating  to the number of new medical malpractice claims filed by county and by year.  In PA, the number of new claims has decreased by 50% over the last 2 years.  I am trying to find the same type of information for other states(particularly, NJ and Ohio).  The medical boards do NOT have that information(EVERYONE tells me to ask them...).  The insurance companies generally consider it proprietary information.  

Can you help me find that type of information?
Arlin

Postby stefan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:49 pm

Dr Dobkin,

While this is not necessarily my specialty, I suspect the folowing web page will provide a wealth of statistics, possibly including the information you are trying to locate.http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/malpractice/malpractice.htm

I found this page by searching Google as follows(Including quotes and the plus sign):

"Medical Malpractice Claims" +statistics

There were a lot more hits on Google, you should try this search and track down additional information if needed.

Good Luck!!

James Berliner, CPCU  
stefan

Return to Legal Malpractice