Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Marriage To U.s. Citizen

Talk about immigration laws here

Marriage To U.s. Citizen

Postby abran » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:43 am

Hi, I am basically from India and from the last 8 Yrs I m residing in US and I have the US Citizenship. I have to get marry in India now, so which Visa I should apply to get my spouse in US after marriage. In addition just wanted to ask that do I have to stay in India for atleast 3 Months to file the Spouse petition for my spouse. Pls guide the correct Visa which I should apply.
abran

Marriage To U.s. Citizen

Postby Charlemagne » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:33 pm

Hi, I am basically from India and from the last 8 Yrs I m residing in US and I have the US Citizenship. I have to get marry in India now, so which Visa I should apply to get my spouse in US after marriage. In addition just wanted to ask that do I have to stay in India for atleast 3 Months to file the Spouse petition for my spouse. Pls guide the correct Visa which I should apply.
Charlemagne

Marriage To U.s. Citizen

Postby Chansomps » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:20 pm

The K3 petition should be filed with the USCIS after marriage takes place as per your plans in India. Proper filing will allow your wife to join you in the U.S. with K3 visa stamp issued by the USCIS. Additional information about K3 visa category is here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a

The K3 petition is filed with the USCIS after marriage occurs. There is no requirement for any residence in India.

You can call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email [email protected] if you require additional guidance.
Chansomps

Return to Immigration Law