Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Lost Jewelry

Workers Compensation Law Discussion

Lost Jewelry

Postby Christmas » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:32 am

James - Your question was Steve - My wife lost a diamond earring(1 of a pair) and her wedding ring. we have looked everywhere and cannot find either.

I have a rider on my insurance covering each item and would like to make a claim. We waited a full year since she noticed them missing as we wanted to make sure they did not turn up.

When I report the claim, is it best to say we just lost them(like is there a time limit to make the claim)? Or should we be forthcoming? Do they make you wait a certain period of time after they are lost? How do I prove we lost them? Is losing them enough to make a claim?

I have never made a claim on my policy and i guess I am just looking for some guidance before I place the claim.

Any advise you could give would be appreciated. Thanks,

Dave
Christmas

Lost Jewelry

Postby Anastasio » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:05 pm

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear about the loss...

Honest and forthcoming is always best.  You should have no problem with this claim. They will not make you wait a certain time, and if you have the earring specifically scheduled, then losing it is a covered claim.  By making a sworn statement of loss, you are proving that you have lost the earring.

Apologies for the delay, I have been out of the country for the past week, just returning and catching up on my email.

James Berliner
Anastasio

Lost Jewelry

Postby Peppi » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:47 am

James - Your question was Steve - My wife lost a diamond earring(1 of a pair) and her wedding ring. we have looked everywhere and cannot find either.

I have a rider on my insurance covering each item and would like to make a claim. We waited a full year since she noticed them missing as we wanted to make sure they did not turn up.

When I report the claim, is it best to say we just lost them(like is there a time limit to make the claim)? Or should we be forthcoming? Do they make you wait a certain period of time after they are lost? How do I prove we lost them? Is losing them enough to make a claim?

I have never made a claim on my policy and i guess I am just looking for some guidance before I place the claim.

Any advise you could give would be appreciated. Thanks,

Dave
Peppi

Return to Workers Compensation