Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Local Earned Income Tax

Discuss the legalities of Bankruptcy Law

Local Earned Income Tax

Postby Caldwiella » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:59 am

s About Taxes)/local earned income tax Advertisement Expert: Helen P. O`Planick, EA - 5/21/2009 My hubby is a trucker who residence is in Westmoreland county in Pa. We filed earned income tax forms at the end of the year but put zero's in the blanks due to the fact that his wages were Made in Kansas City, MO. Is there a statute of limitations for which they have the time to collect what they believe are deliquent taxes? The back of the final earned income tax form says : " To report wages, tips, commissions, ect earned in the state of Pa.According to act 166. We had no wages earned in Pa. Now they are trying to collect taxes from 10 years ago.

ANSWER: You live in PA, therefore all your wages are taxable to PA and your local.  Earned in PA means you were living here when they were earned, so you need to pay those taxes.

Helen, EA in PA

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

Thank you for your reply but there is the issue of statutes of limitation..is there a time limit on the ablity to collect?

ANSWER: While there is, and that will vary with the locality, they are going to say you committed fraud and there is no statute on fraud.  So they basically have you.  

Sorry.

Helen, EA in PA

ok now that I have it down that I am going to have to pay. The issue is we do not have the money to pay all of it at this time..we filed bankruptcy in 2006, hubbys job is doomed due to the economy and there is no one willing to give us a lone..can his wages be attached or something?
Caldwiella

Local Earned Income Tax

Postby deangelo51 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:56 am

I'm in York Co and here, they will put out a warrant for your arrest if you don't set something up.  So you need to contact your local authority and try to set up something for payments or they will get serious.

Honestly, in PA, the locals are brutal and not to be played with, they really have power.

Good luck,

Helen, EA in PA
deangelo51

Local Earned Income Tax

Postby Faer » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:53 pm

s About Taxes)/local earned income tax Advertisement Expert: Helen P. O`Planick, EA - 5/21/2009 My hubby is a trucker who residence is in Westmoreland county in Pa. We filed earned income tax forms at the end of the year but put zero's in the blanks due to the fact that his wages were Made in Kansas City, MO. Is there a statute of limitations for which they have the time to collect what they believe are deliquent taxes? The back of the final earned income tax form says : " To report wages, tips, commissions, ect earned in the state of Pa.According to act 166. We had no wages earned in Pa. Now they are trying to collect taxes from 10 years ago.

ANSWER: You live in PA, therefore all your wages are taxable to PA and your local.  Earned in PA means you were living here when they were earned, so you need to pay those taxes.

Helen, EA in PA

Thank you for your reply but there is the issue of statutes of limitation..is there a time limit on the ablity to collect?

ANSWER: While there is, and that will vary with the locality, they are going to say you committed fraud and there is no statute on fraud.  So they basically have you.  

Sorry.

Helen, EA in PA

ok now that I have it down that I am going to have to pay. The issue is we do not have the money to pay all of it at this time..we filed bankruptcy in 2006, hubbys job is doomed due to the economy and there is no one willing to give us a lone..can his wages be attached or something?
Faer

Return to Bankruptcy Law