Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Legal Separation

Discussions relating to Drug Laws

Legal Separation

Postby Ebenezeer » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:39 pm

hi sir. good day. i’m karen 24 yrs old. presently working in kuwait. i got married sept 2001 at the age of 18. after a year his mom took my husband here in kuwait to work. first year was ok sending text messages everyday, calling. but after a year everything change. communicating only after 2 -3 months and eventually we had lost our communication for almost 6 months. then something happened, his mom called me and told me that he was caught by policeman for illegal drugs and ask me if i wanted to see him here.(he stayed here for more than 3 yrs before i came, but they only took me when he is already in prison) so i came here oct 2005 and decided to work while waiting for courts decision. he was sentenced to 5 yrs imprisonment on illegal drugs. luckily after almost 2yrs of imprisonment he was pardoned and sent back to philippines. we communicate through phone and things are entirely different now and we are having a lot of difficulties understanding each other. his attitude is somewhat different from what i had known him before. saying bad things if im not able to send money inside the prison, telling crazy things and accusations. with the mother in law doing certain things that is really against my will. it was last january when we decided to be on a separate ways, though we haven’t talk in person since we never had a chance here. we’re in good terms now. he’s back in the philippines. i have found a new muslim foreign partner in life recently and offering me a marriage. i just wanna know atty if its posible for me to remarry again? and can i file annulment here in kuwait? i heard his mom is planning to take him here on december, will it be easier if we’re both here? thank you so much. pls help me. ..

ANSWER: Dear Karen, I sympathize with you and your situation but please make yourself a bit more clear first before I advise you. Where did you get married? Philippines? What type? in church? mosque? civil? Was it a legally registered marriage? Yes an annulment is what you might try first but it's not so easy once you have been married longer than one or two years and it's usually very expensive. There might be a better way to do it through the records dept of the municipality where you were married.

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

thank you so much for the reply. we're married in the Philippines. civil, in our house. and yes it was legally registered. i actually obtained a copy from NSO. another reason why i wanted an annulment coz his mom has been bugging me a lot here, asking for money and threatening me. a friend told me i can use his addiction as one of the grounds. is it true?. i it possible to file an annulment here? or i have to go back in the Philippines? and how much do u think it will cost me? i really need ur help.. pls..
Ebenezeer

Legal Separation

Postby Adair » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:16 am

Okay thanks Karen for clarifying the situation. I'm NOT a lawyer but I doubt your husband's drug addiction or criminal record outside(or inside for that matter) is reason enough for an annulment to be granted, thus in most marriage vows state, "for better of for worse" dibas?  But try asking your question at the yahoogroup, MAG-ANAK or visit their website at: http://www.mag-anak.org where there's a few thousand members who might have PERSONALLY arranged an annulment so you might get DIRECT feedback rather than being over charged by some lawyer who is likely to tell you whatever you like to hear as you pay his expensive fees. The only other way would be to somehow make the records "disappear" within the Philippine government offices but I hesitate to recommend such an action for I'm sure it's not legal even though I have heard stories of such things happening in the past. But even though such gossip and rumor mongering is widespread in the Philippines it often has no factual truth behind it.  Sorry Karen I could not be of more help and GOOD LUCK!
Adair

Legal Separation

Postby Marlon » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:50 am

hi sir. good day. i’m karen 24 yrs old. presently working in kuwait. i got married sept 2001 at the age of 18. after a year his mom took my husband here in kuwait to work. first year was ok sending text messages everyday, calling. but after a year everything change. communicating only after 2 -3 months and eventually we had lost our communication for almost 6 months. then something happened, his mom called me and told me that he was caught by policeman for illegal drugs and ask me if i wanted to see him here.(he stayed here for more than 3 yrs before i came, but they only took me when he is already in prison) so i came here oct 2005 and decided to work while waiting for courts decision. he was sentenced to 5 yrs imprisonment on illegal drugs. luckily after almost 2yrs of imprisonment he was pardoned and sent back to philippines. we communicate through phone and things are entirely different now and we are having a lot of difficulties understanding each other. his attitude is somewhat different from what i had known him before. saying bad things if im not able to send money inside the prison, telling crazy things and accusations. with the mother in law doing certain things that is really against my will. it was last january when we decided to be on a separate ways, though we haven’t talk in person since we never had a chance here. we’re in good terms now. he’s back in the philippines. i have found a new muslim foreign partner in life recently and offering me a marriage. i just wanna know atty if its posible for me to remarry again? and can i file annulment here in kuwait? i heard his mom is planning to take him here on december, will it be easier if we’re both here? thank you so much. pls help me. ..

ANSWER: Dear Karen, I sympathize with you and your situation but please make yourself a bit more clear first before I advise you. Where did you get married? Philippines? What type? in church? mosque? civil? Was it a legally registered marriage? Yes an annulment is what you might try first but it's not so easy once you have been married longer than one or two years and it's usually very expensive. There might be a better way to do it through the records dept of the municipality where you were married.

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

thank you so much for the reply. we're married in the Philippines. civil, in our house. and yes it was legally registered. i actually obtained a copy from NSO. another reason why i wanted an annulment coz his mom has been bugging me a lot here, asking for money and threatening me. a friend told me i can use his addiction as one of the grounds. is it true?. i it possible to file an annulment here? or i have to go back in the Philippines? and how much do u think it will cost me? i really need ur help.. pls..
Marlon

Return to Drug Laws