Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Laws about Starting a business?

Discuss anything to do with property law - buying, selling property

Postby pascoe69 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:49 pm

I want to start a business. I have knowledge of the industry as I have worked for a very similar and successful company. My question is realting to the legality of me starting a business when I have worked for such a similar company? I have never signed anything to say that I wont use the information learnt.The business is relating to photogrpahy so would intellectual property be an issue? ANY help or info will be greatly recieved! Thankyou!
pascoe69

Postby ayize » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:59 pm

I want to start a business. I have knowledge of the industry as I have worked for a very similar and successful company. My question is realting to the legality of me starting a business when I have worked for such a similar company? I have never signed anything to say that I wont use the information learnt.The business is relating to photogrpahy so would intellectual property be an issue? ANY help or info will be greatly recieved! Thankyou!
1. You must properly form your business under the laws of your State. This is called "Incorporation".
2. You cannot use the artistic material of others without their written permission.
3. You must get a business permit from your city or county.
ayize

Postby gerard » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:01 pm

You can get in trouble if you "poach" clients or use information from the company that you work for now...contact the Institute of Small Businesses and get some advice.
gerard

Return to Property Law