Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Law Of Capacity

Been involved in a traffic accident? Discuss traffic laws here

Law Of Capacity

Postby Garve » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:56 am

I remember reading this law somewhere, but can't find it anywhere now.  I knew I should have written it down because it would help about this project I'm doing on road-widening and how it doesn't help widening the roads.  I remember reading something about a physics law that states something about being filled to capacity quickly.  There was a bridge built in Washington State that the government spent $1.7 million for and thought that it would take approximately 20 yrs. for it to me filled to capacity, but it only took about a month.  I hope you can help.

Thanks!
Garve

Law Of Capacity

Postby Case » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:11 pm

I remember reading this law somewhere, but can't find it anywhere now.  I knew I should have written it down because it would help about this project I'm doing on road-widening and how it doesn't help widening the roads.  I remember reading something about a physics law that states something about being filled to capacity quickly.  There was a bridge built in Washington State that the government spent $1.7 million for and thought that it would take approximately 20 yrs. for it to me filled to capacity, but it only took about a month.  I hope you can help.

Thanks!
Case

Law Of Capacity

Postby Honovi » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:47 pm

I'm not sure that what you are after is a physics law, but I think you are refering to the fact that traffict will expand to meet the capcaity of the road. That is typical because people continue to move into an area until the traffic congestion becomes intolerable. Perhaps you should ask you question of a traffic or civil engineer?  
Honovi

Return to Traffic Law