Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Lanchester class action settlement against WaMu Chase bank?

Dealing with a class action? Discuss it here

Postby gilleabart » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:46 am

In my last bank statement from Chase, there's a notice of a class action settlement against WaMu (now owned by Chase).

The notice says I have a certain period of time to either object to the settlement or exclude myself from it, or else be bound by the terms of the settlement. Apparently, if I exclude myself, I then have the option of suing Chase myself, on the same grounds. Of course, I have no money to hire my own attorney, but I suppose I could file a lawsuit on my own if I were likely to benefit from it...

Does anyone know how this sort of thing works? Is there any way I could personally benefit from this?

Here is a link to a brief description of the settlement: www.LanchesterClassActionSettlement .com
gilleabart

Postby ruddy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:47 am

I am not a big fan of class action suits. The lawyers make millions, while the members of the class might get a $100 coupon or some such. It is difficult to find a lawyer who will take on a case on 'spec,' or speculation. Successful suits are few and far between, and believe me, Chase has much deeper pockets than you, and their staff of lawyers will drown you in paperwork. I just steer clear of lawsuits.
ruddy

Return to Class Action