Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Labor Law

Discuss Labor Laws

Labor Law

Postby Atherton » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:37 pm

My employer prorates my check and does not show the deductions on my check stub, example if i make 1204.00 and they take out 240.80 on my checkstub and on my salary pay is says 963.20.  They do not show where the 240.80 has been taken out.  When I called the DOL the operator told me that my employer does not even have to provide me with a check stub.  So my question is does my employer have to provide me with a check stub with actual earnings and deductions?
Atherton

Labor Law

Postby Kaarle » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:56 pm

Some states do not require that you are provided a check stub. If they are taking out insurance payments and they are pretax under a 401K plan they do not show as gross wages because they are taken off before taxes are withheld. The following states do not require pay stubs:

Arizona only if paid by direct deposit

Arkansas no provisions

Florida no general provisions statment for Farm Workers

Georgia no general provisions temp contract workers must have pay stub

Kansas itemized statement upon employee request

Kentucky if employee has 10 or more employees must provide statement

Louisiana no provision

Mississippi no provisions

Nebraska no provisions

Ohio no provisions

Rhode Island if employee requests a statement

South Dakota no provisions

Tennessee no provisions

All the rest of the states require itemized statements or pay stubs and have special rules regarding them.

The federal government does not regulate pay statements.

Shirley
Kaarle

Labor Law

Postby gustav » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:39 pm

My employer prorates my check and does not show the deductions on my check stub, example if i make 1204.00 and they take out 240.80 on my checkstub and on my salary pay is says 963.20.  They do not show where the 240.80 has been taken out.  When I called the DOL the operator told me that my employer does not even have to provide me with a check stub.  So my question is does my employer have to provide me with a check stub with actual earnings and deductions?
gustav

Return to Labor Laws