Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Israel: Why did God Curse Israel and Jews so severely throughout the Bible?

Corporate Law Discussions

Postby teyrnon72 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:02 pm

Most Prophecies of Bible indicate that Jews will do evil in the land and God will punish them.

Zephaniah 3
New International Version (NIV)
Jerusalem
3 Woe to the city of oppressors,
rebellious and defiled!
2 She obeys no one,
she accepts no correction.
She does not trust in the LORD,
she does not draw near to her God.
3 Her officials within her
are roaring lions;
her rulers are evening wolves,
who leave nothing for the morning.
4 Her prophets are unprincipled;
they are treacherous people.
Her priests profane the sanctuary
and do violence to the law.
5 The LORD within her is righteous;
he does no wrong.
Morning by morning he dispenses his justice,
and every new day he does not fail,
yet the unrighteous know no shame.
Jerusalem Remains Unrepentant
6 “I have destroyed nations;
their strongholds are demolished.
I have left their streets deserted,
with no one passing through.
Their cities are laid waste;
they are deserted and empty.
7 Of Jerusalem I thought,
‘Surely you will fear me
and accept correction!’
Then her place of refuge[a] would not be destroyed,
nor all my punishments come upon[b] her.
But they were still eager
to act corruptly in all they did.
8 Therefore wait for me,”
declares the LORD,
“for the day I will stand up to testify.[c]
I have decided to assemble the nations,
to gather the kingdoms
and to pour out my wrath on them—
all my fierce anger.
The whole world will be consumed
by the fire of my jealous anger.

Isaiah 50:11
11 But now, all you who light fires
and provide yourselves with flaming torches,
go, walk in the light of your fires
and of the torches you have set ablaze.
This is what you shall receive from my hand:
You will lie down in torment.
Ezekiel 23:24

24 They will come against you with weapons,[a] chariots and wagons and with a throng of people; they will take up positions against you on every side with large and small shields and with helmets. I will turn you over to them for punishment, and they will punish you according to their standards

Even The new testament tells us that God will turn his mercy from Jews and give his kingdom to another nation( Arabs/ Muslims)
Matthew 23:37
37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.
Matthew 21:43
43 “Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you(JEWS) and given to a nation(Arabs/Muslims) who will produce its fruit.
teyrnon72

Postby marmion » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:08 pm

I disagree.

"Most" prophecies indicate that Jews will do good.

There ARE prophecies and examples that they will also sin and do bad things at different periods.

And the Covenant is clear:

The Covenant b/w G-d and the Jews is Eternal and can never be broken.
When Jews do good, G-d blesses them.
When they do bad, G-d punishes them UNTIL they repent and then they are blessed again.

In fact, pretty much every "curse" is followed by a "song of consolation" in which the Prophet re-iterates that all the Jews need to do is repent and they will be forgiven and the blessings will flow again and that ultimately it is promised that they will do good.
marmion

Postby byron92 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:15 pm

I disagree.

"Most" prophecies indicate that Jews will do good.

There ARE prophecies and examples that they will also sin and do bad things at different periods.

And the Covenant is clear:

The Covenant b/w G-d and the Jews is Eternal and can never be broken.
When Jews do good, G-d blesses them.
When they do bad, G-d punishes them UNTIL they repent and then they are blessed again.

In fact, pretty much every "curse" is followed by a "song of consolation" in which the Prophet re-iterates that all the Jews need to do is repent and they will be forgiven and the blessings will flow again and that ultimately it is promised that they will do good.
Major attitude problem.
byron92

Postby kenway » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:17 pm

Jews don't use the NIV, youll have to quote from the Artscroll translation and quote from that.
kenway

Postby emek » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:18 pm

You are the only one spouting curses, none of your cut and paste is a curse, contrary to your propaganda. According to Genesis 12:3 that puts you in the danger of really being cursed by Gd.

? ???????????, ?????? ???????, ????????????, ???????????? ???????; ???????, ????????. 2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and be thou a blessing.
? ???????????, ???????????, ?????????????, ?????; ??????????? ????, ???? ??????????? ?????????. 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and whoever curses you will I curse; and in you (Israel) shall all the families of the earth be blessed.'

As you can read above, God promised to curse those who curse the Jewish people, which now includes haters such as yourself and whoever is programming you with those lies. Through the Jewish people, it says all the families of the earth are to be blessed.

You radical muslims better learn to respect other people better or the whole world will rise up against you JUST like we did against the Nazis. Those are the enemies of God. Better check your side, you're on the wrong one.

@asker: Name ONE prophet killed? You cannot because there is not one. Anti-Jewish propaganda from the New Textsiment.

You must be confusing the legitimate owners of Israel the children of Abraham with the fake PLO who just died of AIDS. Yes, you are on the wrong side. Genesis says if YOU CURSE the people of Israel, and we are the true children of Abraham, not just Abraham, then you WILL be cursed.

Be very very careful spitting in God's face! It will come back on you just like it did for the Nazis. That is the side of evil that the Mufti of Jerusalem joined, and you carry on that evil legacy speaking hate agasint Israel. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haj_Amin_al-Husseini
emek

Postby alburt » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:26 pm

You are the only one spouting curses, none of your cut and paste is a curse, contrary to your propaganda. According to Genesis 12:3 that puts you in the danger of really being cursed by Gd.

? ???????????, ?????? ???????, ????????????, ???????????? ???????; ???????, ????????. 2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and be thou a blessing.
? ???????????, ???????????, ?????????????, ?????; ??????????? ????, ???? ??????????? ?????????. 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and whoever curses you will I curse; and in you (Israel) shall all the families of the earth be blessed.'

As you can read above, God promised to curse those who curse the Jewish people, which now includes haters such as yourself and whoever is programming you with those lies. Through the Jewish people, it says all the families of the earth are to be blessed.

You radical muslims better learn to respect other people better or the whole world will rise up against you JUST like we did against the Nazis. Those are the enemies of God. Better check your side, you're on the wrong one.

@asker: Name ONE prophet killed? You cannot because there is not one. Anti-Jewish propaganda from the New Textsiment.

You must be confusing the legitimate owners of Israel the children of Abraham with the fake PLO who just died of AIDS. Yes, you are on the wrong side. Genesis says if YOU CURSE the people of Israel, and we are the true children of Abraham, not just Abraham, then you WILL be cursed.

Be very very careful spitting in God's face! It will come back on you just like it did for the Nazis. That is the side of evil that the Mufti of Jerusalem joined, and you carry on that evil legacy speaking hate agasint Israel. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haj_Amin_al-Husseini
I take it that you didn't bother reading the rest of Ezekiel (or either you already know what it says and are just playing dumb?).

Ezekiel 36-37 tells about the "Lost Tribes" of Israel returning and being rejoined to Judah.

Ezekiel 38-39 tells about the defeat of Gog and Magog and the other nations who gather against Israel.

Ezekiel 40 begins the building of the future Temple on the Temple mount where it is supposed to be ( no more mosque there).

Ezekiel 43:18 the Altar is cleansed and sacrifices are once again made on the Temple mount.
alburt

Postby egan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:34 pm

Of course another muslim spewing anti-Jewish rubbish. Don't you guys have anything better to do with your time? G-d chose them for a reason, ishmael was nothing more than a mistake by abraham. As the guy a few posts above said, whpever curses the Jews will be cursed by G-d.
egan

Postby aethelbert35 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:38 pm

Actually chastisement is the correct word not curse.

The covenant at Sinai has been superseded by the covenant of the cross. Christianity is the fulfillment of Judaism. The Church is the new Israel and not the zionist state. Christianity is the continuation of Biblical Judaism. The Jewish religion today is not the same as Biblical Judaism...it has no temple, no priests, and no sacrifice. It is rabbinical, talmudic Judaism.

The Jews are not really cursed by God. The Jews turned away from God by rejecting Jesus Christ. As a result Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD. But God has not forsaken the Jews. The Jews are waiting for their Messiah and in the end they will accept the antichrist as their Messiah. Before the end of time, after the antichrist proclaims himself God and demand adoration in the rebuilt temple, the Jews would return to God and convert to Christianity.

ADDED

GopherHockey4life is probably not Christian but masquerading as one. Christians do write G_d to refer to God.
aethelbert35

Postby cuartio52 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:48 pm

Well, there are heavenly promises for obedience and threats for disobedient behavior.

According to the Bilblical account Israel was punished if it sinned against the divine covenant and it was amply rewarded when the commandments were observed.

So you may figure out that currently the State of Israel, which sit so heavily on some of your stomaches here correspondingly rather is a phase of accordance between God and his people.

As long as the Jewish people remains faithful and true to the principles of the Torah, you know what happens and why, as well as the other way around.
cuartio52

Postby wahchintonka48 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:00 pm

There biggest mastake was killin Christ!
I mean c'mon folks! That was HUGE!
wahchintonka48

Next

Return to Corporate Law