Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

International Business Anthropology

Discuss Labor Laws

Postby Halfon » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:32 pm

Hello Mr. Salier

I am actually interested in any information that you can provide to me directly related to your particular field of interest in business anthropology.  My current major at the University of Central Florida would award me with a degree solely in a specific business field.  I have recently made the decision to change my major to that of cultural anthropology with a minor in marketing.  Through research I have discovered that there are a variety of international jobs which look kindly upon an individual with cultural anthropology knowledge, general business skills and knowledge and multiple language skills.

The brief description of your credentials jumped out at me when I read them due to the fact that what you describe as your job is particularly what I wish to do and am greatly interested in.  I would be exceptionally grateful if you could tell me some of the following points: -Job opportunities(internationally) -The degree to which you get to travel internationally -General salary brackets from low to high -Academic suggestions you may have -Any general suggestions that you may have

Thank you very much for your time Mr. Salier.  I am quite excited about my career choice and believe that it will work very well with the continuously increasing globalization of the world's economies and markets.  If you have further information please fill free to reach me at [email protected]

Cody Swain
Halfon

Postby Searle » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:33 pm

Hi Cody,

Being a business anthropologist has been very interesting over the last 30 years.  It is still a realively quite and poorly know sub field of both business and anthro.  What you need to study is international procurement law, international business practices and finally cultural anthro to gain a good understanding of as many different cultures as possible.  Then seek out work in the field of international strategic purchasing or sourcing.  This will give you the maximum exposure to many different cultures. If you can find work with large multi-nationals and get them to move you to different places around the world that would be the best.  I have traveled to all the continents and to some 70 different nations doing a wide range of industrial negotiations as well as the occasional labor or technical negotiation.  

To start out in the field you may be lucky to make $50K but once in it for a while 100-120K is possible but you need to prove your track record and not make many missteps.  I would strongly recommend that you get a Masters in business anthro(Wayne state U in detroit will allow you to put this together.  ASU may as well.)  Learn to understand both the religious as well as the more subtle aspects of culture and relationship building.  Most Americans don't have a clue how important both are in the development of business relationships.

Also travel as much as you can to as many places as you can and get to know the people as well as very polite phrases in as many languages as you can,  Such as thank you, please, your welcome etc... You will need to know this in every major language as well as at least a dozen minor ones.  

Also get used being able to eat ANY THING!  Do not refuse food if offered.

Let me know if you have more questions.  [email protected]  subject line Business Anthro.
Searle

Postby Lothen » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:33 am

Hello Mr. Salier

I am actually interested in any information that you can provide to me directly related to your particular field of interest in business anthropology.  My current major at the University of Central Florida would award me with a degree solely in a specific business field.  I have recently made the decision to change my major to that of cultural anthropology with a minor in marketing.  Through research I have discovered that there are a variety of international jobs which look kindly upon an individual with cultural anthropology knowledge, general business skills and knowledge and multiple language skills.

The brief description of your credentials jumped out at me when I read them due to the fact that what you describe as your job is particularly what I wish to do and am greatly interested in.  I would be exceptionally grateful if you could tell me some of the following points: -Job opportunities(internationally) -The degree to which you get to travel internationally -General salary brackets from low to high -Academic suggestions you may have -Any general suggestions that you may have

Thank you very much for your time Mr. Salier.  I am quite excited about my career choice and believe that it will work very well with the continuously increasing globalization of the world's economies and markets.  If you have further information please fill free to reach me at [email protected]

Cody Swain
Lothen

Return to Labor Laws