Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Tips for Achieving an Amicable Divorce

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Infamous Australian criminal, NED KELLY, was hanged for killing 3 policemen. How many did YOU think it was?

Criminal Law Discussion Forum

Infamous Australian criminal, NED KELLY, was hanged for killing 3 policemen. How many did YOU think it was?

Postby ruelle » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:01 pm

I honestly thought it was, like, 300!

If somebody said that he killed 300 Policemen, I wouldn't have challenged them. I have heard of him since my childhood. I think a LADYBIRD Reader I saw featured him (we're talking 40 years ago!)

Not to trivialize his heinous crimes, the IMPRESSION I had of him was that this guy was like... (trying to think of a comparable magnitude, here,) umm... BILLY THE KID. (Yes? Or am I wrong about HIM too?)

Like "WOLVERINE" of X-Men!

I was hearing a BBC News Article this morning (something to do with his family,) and they MENTIONED he was hanged for killing THREE Policemen.!

I was so *flabberwhelmed* and *overgasted,* that I totally forget what else they were talking about in the report.

Not to trivialize the horrible, tragic crime of murder, and the heroism of Law Enforcers today- if somebody "killed THREE cops" RECENTLY- that (*Bleep!*)ard would DIE IN OBSCURITY!!!

NO ONE would ever HEAR of his EXISTENCE! (After the Due Process.)

THIRTY Cops, even!

For instance, the Federal Agent who fired on THREE of Bill & Hillary Clinton's Secret Service bodyguards at WACO, TEXAS, on Feb. 28, 1993- all of whom DIED- AND IT'S ON TAPE- is COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN TODAY. (Those deaths were blamed on a Church, which was placed under siege and subsequently destroyed.)
ruelle

Postby melville » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:09 pm

I honestly thought it was, like, 300!

If somebody said that he killed 300 Policemen, I wouldn't have challenged them. I have heard of him since my childhood. I think a LADYBIRD Reader I saw featured him (we're talking 40 years ago!)

Not to trivialize his heinous crimes, the IMPRESSION I had of him was that this guy was like... (trying to think of a comparable magnitude, here,) umm... BILLY THE KID. (Yes? Or am I wrong about HIM too?)

Like "WOLVERINE" of X-Men!

I was hearing a BBC News Article this morning (something to do with his family,) and they MENTIONED he was hanged for killing THREE Policemen.!

I was so *flabberwhelmed* and *overgasted,* that I totally forget what else they were talking about in the report.

Not to trivialize the horrible, tragic crime of murder, and the heroism of Law Enforcers today- if somebody "killed THREE cops" RECENTLY- that (*Bleep!*)ard would DIE IN OBSCURITY!!!

NO ONE would ever HEAR of his EXISTENCE! (After the Due Process.)

THIRTY Cops, even!

For instance, the Federal Agent who fired on THREE of Bill & Hillary Clinton's Secret Service bodyguards at WACO, TEXAS, on Feb. 28, 1993- all of whom DIED- AND IT'S ON TAPE- is COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN TODAY. (Those deaths were blamed on a Church, which was placed under siege and subsequently destroyed.)
Ned Kelly was defeated by an armed force consisting of 300 cops in one of the biggest battles Australia has ever seen on his shores, so there is that. But yeah, he only killed 3. Technically they only formally convicted him of one of them.

Incidentally, if someone in Australia today killed 3 cops, there would be a media frenzy- it is rare for police in Australia to be killed, and the death of a single officer in a botched raid gripped the headlines for months just a few years back.
melville

Postby dasco » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:14 pm

How many did I think it was???

Not Enough....
dasco

Postby parnell » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:35 pm

How many did I think it was???
parnell

Postby gwynethpaltrow8 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:51 pm

i didnt know how many people he killed,but now you tell me it was three policemen I think its well justified in hanging him.
gwynethpaltrow8

Return to Criminal Law