Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Research Law Professors Before Choosing Law Schools

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

In ky are all newborn babies drug tested or just if your suspected of using?

Discussions relating to Drug Laws

Postby fychan97 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:09 am

i am 28 weeks pregnant & i continued to use marijuana. i just dont know the Kentucky laws for drug testing newborns. do they only test them if i am suspected of using? & how long does it take for the babys system to be clean? & before you start downing me, i have asked my hospital which was worse during pregnancy, marijuana or ciggarretes, they said cigs. & i have done plenty of research. so leave your mean comments to yourself cause i honestly wont take none of it to heart.
fychan97

Postby bothan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:15 am

They dont drug test the baby as far as I know. They drug test the mom though. Thats what the urine sample that you give them when you go to the hospital in labor is for.

I dont believe marijuana is bad. I breastfeed and indulge but while I was pregnant I didnt because its not the drug thats the problem its the smoke. Your baby is breathing in smoke and this can cause asthma.

It will stay in YOUR system as far as urine goes about 30 days unless you smoke everyday which can take up to 3 months to drop clean.

The same for the baby and worth noting the baby's hair will test positive up to 7 years,
bothan

Postby eochaidh94 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:18 am

Everything that goes into your body goes into baby's meconium, which is the first poop. So at this point your baby WILL test positive if they do a drug test.

Maybe you shouldn't a selfish worthless piece of sh!t mother that uses while pregnant.
eochaidh94

Postby sayre » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:22 am

You should be alright... My best friend used pot up until the end of her pregnancy.
sayre

Return to Drug Laws