Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

In a traffic violation if officer did not show whould the judge rule dissmissed?

Been involved in a traffic accident? Discuss traffic laws here

In a traffic violation if officer did not show whould the judge rule dissmissed?

Postby ealahweemah72 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:18 pm

i was stopped randomly, i did not have care insurance, police officer booked a ticket and court date, then he felt sorry for me and realized how hard my case is, he told me do not plea guilty, because i will not be attending this date, when they reschedule i will attend and say good words in your favour.
ealahweemah72

Postby blaeey » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:19 pm

i was stopped randomly, i did not have care insurance, police officer booked a ticket and court date, then he felt sorry for me and realized how hard my case is, he told me do not plea guilty, because i will not be attending this date, when they reschedule i will attend and say good words in your favour.
I wouldn't trust him but
blaeey

Postby jan46 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:32 pm

Yes. He is the witness and he needs to be there. Why are driving without car (not care) insurance? If you cannot afford car insurance you should not be driving at all. You risk more than a citation. You risk prison time should you hurt someone and not be able to pay for their expenses. You will lose everything. Insurance is not that expensive and I doubt your statement about being stopped at random. You did some violation. Cops cannot stop people without a reason. That is against the law. DO NOT DRIVE WITHOUT INSURANCE. There is no excuse.
jan46

Postby colten » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:34 pm

No they wouldn't be dismissing it. First off he said when it's rescheduled, and it could be. Second you were driving without insurance and they don't need the cop there to prove you didn't have insurance. They could look it up. If you had been accused of not stopping or speeding then it would be hard to convict without the cop there, but not no insurance.
colten

Postby eddis » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:45 pm

The Officer doesn't have to appear to prove you didn't have insurance. If that was the only thing you were cited for, then you might as well plead guilty because there is no valid defense (or excuse) for driving without insurance. The only thing you need to go to court for is to plead with the judge to reduce your fine.

Good luck with that.
eddis

Return to Traffic Law