Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Importing Wine From Spain

The law of the sea.

Postby Abia » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:26 pm

My business partner and I are looking to start a importing, distributing, wholesaling, and retailing company focusing on wines from around the world.  Currently, we are looking into Spanish wines, however we will shortly be traveling around the different continents to get wines from elsewhere.  I am involved in sales for the wine industry and am interested in making a move toward the whole industry.

We are trying to figure out what it takes to get a wine from the country of origin to the United States, i.e. how does it get from the vineyard to our country?  Also, what is generally involved in the total price of a bottle of wine in this process?

We are also looking to get information on who to involve in the import/export process both from a personnel as well as a legal perspective.

Thank you in advance.  We would be most grateful for any help or direction you can give us.
Abia

Postby Seaburt » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:13 am

My business partner and I are looking to start a importing, distributing, wholesaling, and retailing company focusing on wines from around the world.  Currently, we are looking into Spanish wines, however we will shortly be traveling around the different continents to get wines from elsewhere.  I am involved in sales for the wine industry and am interested in making a move toward the whole industry.

We are trying to figure out what it takes to get a wine from the country of origin to the United States, i.e. how does it get from the vineyard to our country?  Also, what is generally involved in the total price of a bottle of wine in this process?

We are also looking to get information on who to involve in the import/export process both from a personnel as well as a legal perspective.

Thank you in advance.  We would be most grateful for any help or direction you can give us.
Seaburt

Postby Wynfrith » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:43 am

Dear jeff

See my previous answers on this site regarding wine- Your quetion just cannot be answered in the forum- it's far too broad- Also see my website - regarding CIF, then print the "The world is yours' and study  it-it was added today to help new traders out-(sorry about margins , its just a huge publications)- TWIY will give you most answer you seek, then come back to me and ask specific trading questions and you will see how much easier such answers can be advised-

i hope the above is of help

Kind regards

Davide Giovanni Papa

www.ftnexporting.freeservers.com
Wynfrith

Return to Maritime Law