Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Research Law Professors Before Choosing Law Schools

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

If I have multiple felony warrants in Oregon, and live in another state, will they extradite me for trial?

Been involved in a traffic accident? Discuss traffic laws here

If I have multiple felony warrants in Oregon, and live in another state, will they extradite me for trial?

Postby sonny » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:11 am

I have a felony warrant in Indiana and that is not extraditable, but I don't know Oregon state laws. The warrants in Oregon are for possession and trafficking, both Marijuana and Mushrooms, or (Ciliciben), I know I misspelled that. Does Oregon extradite felony warrants?
sonny

Postby vaiveatoish » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:19 am

Oregon and Washington both leave a lot of warrants non-extraditable out of California. That means they want their criminal trash left in Cali.

I ran a guy out of Oregon once. He came back with a Felony warrant and was listed as armed and dangerous....but non-extraditable out of California. So we picked him up, brushed him off and told him to have a nice day.

That doesn't mean your is not. It could be 50 state extraditable, or 50 mile extraditable. Each warrant is written differently.

If had a name and DOB I could see. You should have received a copy of the warrants in the mail. Its all in there.
vaiveatoish

Postby chiram97 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:22 am

I recommend you take all of your drug making equipment, pack them into your car/truck and drive to the local police station. Ask the first cop you see if you could can make his day and show him your stuff and surrender.
Make sure you confess to everything they ask you about... this is key.
chiram97

Postby avikar76 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:26 am

I recommend you take all of your drug making equipment, pack them into your car/truck and drive to the local police station. Ask the first cop you see if you could can make his day and show him your stuff and surrender.
Make sure you confess to everything they ask you about... this is key.
it really only depends what the charges are, all states have the right to extradite if they want, all you will have to do is call the clerk of court at the courthouse in the county where you are wanted and ask them what the warrant is for, and if it is extraditable, some will only go the neighboring states and some are nationwide. call up a police department in oregon and have them run your name for warrants and they can usually tell you over the phone if you are wanted, what for and how much the bond is etc....call anonymous if you are scared
avikar76

Postby hawiovi » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:28 am

First off, there is no such thing as a non-extraditable felony warrant. Any felony warrant can be used to extradite (actually state to state is called rendite or rendition) a person from one state to another. The issuing state may "decline" extradition for certain reasons such as they just don't want you back in their state ever again so they make the warrant viable only if you put foot back in that state or the surrounding ones. Also some lesser felony crimes like check fraud aren't considered worth all the expense of extradition so they decline unless you are found in a surrounding state. However, at anytime the state may decide to change their mind and bring you back, just so you know.
I suspect if you have multiple felony drug warrants, especially for trafficking, they will almost certainly extradite you back for prosecution. Of course the age of the warrants may effect the decision. If the warrants are 15-20 years old they may have trouble putting the case back together after so long. But barring any such issues if I was you I would keep a packed bag handy.
Actually you may want to consult an attorney about it. He can anonymously contact Oregon and see how hot your warrants actually are and maybe cut you a deal. He is not allowed to tell them where you are or force you to go back, but you might want to make it an attorney in another town.
And yes, Oregon does extradite felony warrants just as all states do. And I can say with almost certainty that they will for trafficing charges.
About that "I am your son and neighbor" thing and prisons don't rehabilitate. All I will say is that you should have thought about that BEFORE getting involved with drug trafficing. Whining about how terrible prisons are AFTER you get caught is just that, whining. You made a bet when you got involved with drug trafficing. You bet you wouldn't get caught vs. big cash returns. You lost the bet and now you want to welsh on paying off your debt with the excuse that the amount is too high. But you knew what the payment was going in and now its time to pay it. If you have any guts or honor you will see an attorney and have him arrainge for you to turn yourself in honorably. It might even get you some points with the judge.
hawiovi

Postby eilis » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:42 am

Yes they do.
eilis

Postby gideon » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:44 am

My neighbor, son, brother wouldn't mistakenly traffic marijuana. You knew what you were doing when you decided to do it. I hope they catch you and throw your *** away.
gideon

Postby benon » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:48 am

Yes, so instead of worrying constantly and looking over your shoulder. Be an adult, turn yourself in and face up to your charges.
benon

Postby eilis » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:50 am

I am not sure about Oregon law either. Why don't you at least call them and tell them where you are. That way you will at least know if they will extradite or not.
eilis

Postby montrel68 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:55 am

Why don't you call the Oregon police - but lie - tell them that your at the address next door - and say you want to surrender - but if they show up - you can watch and see - that will definitely answer your question about whether they will extradite or not.
montrel68

Next

Return to Traffic Law