Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Ielts Point Clarification For Immigration

Talk about immigration laws here

Postby MacDuff » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:39 am

Respected Sir,

I had palced my file for Canada Immigration in March 2004. I got letter from Canada immigration in Dec- 2008 for giving information about changes and Ielt result. So I appeared in IELTS exam on May 9th. I got result on 23rd May 2009.

I got following bands.

LISTENING - 7 BANDS

READING - 6.5 BANDS

WRITTING - 6 BANDS

SPEAKING - 6.5 BANDS.

Now can you guide me which point system I have to consider old or new. As per new point system I get 12 Points and as per old system I get 10 points. I will be qualified asper new point system. So I should send this result or give IELTS exam again and get 12 points as old system. ThanksIELTS Grid 2008  

ANSWER: Dear Abhijit,

Because you did the IELTS test on May 9, 2009, you are scored according to the new IELTS point system introduced in November 2008.

You will get the following points:

Listening: 2

Reading: 4

Writing: 2

Speaking: 4

Total: 12

Submit these most recent test results. You need not re-do the test.

I hope this helps.

Tim Morson

---------------------------

MORSON & ASSOC

353 Saint-Nicolas

Bureau/Suite 307

Montréal(Québec)

H2Y 2P1 Canada

T: 514-845-5454

F: 514-845-8174

[email protected]

www.morson.ca

--------------------------- ---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the reply. Can you send me any proof from Canada Immigration for the same. Because on non of the Website they have written about exam Given after Nov 2008 and P.r. file placed before Feb 2008.

If canada embassy reject my file for this purpose than can we request them for reconsideration.

Another question I want to ask is that, suppose I give IELTS exam again and I get less bands in that , than Can i Submit my this old result. Or we have to always submit latest result.
MacDuff

Postby Davidson » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:20 am

Results must not be more than one year old at the time of the application. In principle, you will get twelve points. What is important is that the test was done after November 2008.

See the Overseas Processing Manual, OP6, section 10.8http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

Sorry, but I will not be able to answer any more questions on this topic.

Sincerely,

Tim Morson
Davidson

Postby Elidor » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:13 pm

Respected Sir,

I had palced my file for Canada Immigration in March 2004. I got letter from Canada immigration in Dec- 2008 for giving information about changes and Ielt result. So I appeared in IELTS exam on May 9th. I got result on 23rd May 2009.

I got following bands.

LISTENING - 7 BANDS

READING - 6.5 BANDS

WRITTING - 6 BANDS

SPEAKING - 6.5 BANDS.

Now can you guide me which point system I have to consider old or new. As per new point system I get 12 Points and as per old system I get 10 points. I will be qualified asper new point system. So I should send this result or give IELTS exam again and get 12 points as old system. ThanksIELTS Grid 2008  

ANSWER: Dear Abhijit,

Because you did the IELTS test on May 9, 2009, you are scored according to the new IELTS point system introduced in November 2008.

You will get the following points:

Listening: 2

Reading: 4

Writing: 2

Speaking: 4

Total: 12

Submit these most recent test results. You need not re-do the test.

I hope this helps.

Tim Morson

---------------------------

MORSON & ASSOC

353 Saint-Nicolas

Bureau/Suite 307

Montréal(Québec)

H2Y 2P1 Canada

T: 514-845-5454

F: 514-845-8174

[email protected]

www.morson.ca

--------------------------- ---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the reply. Can you send me any proof from Canada Immigration for the same. Because on non of the Website they have written about exam Given after Nov 2008 and P.r. file placed before Feb 2008.

If canada embassy reject my file for this purpose than can we request them for reconsideration.

Another question I want to ask is that, suppose I give IELTS exam again and I get less bands in that , than Can i Submit my this old result. Or we have to always submit latest result.
Elidor

Return to Immigration Law