Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Tips for Achieving an Amicable Divorce

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

I just got a ticket / Citation from Gwinnett county sheffiff's office. Do I have to go to the court?

Been involved in a traffic accident? Discuss traffic laws here

I just got a ticket / Citation from Gwinnett county sheffiff's office. Do I have to go to the court?

Postby bercnan72 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:10 am

The top is written as Uniform traffic citation, summons and accusation / warning.
So the cop actually said I can do either one. I can either go to the court ( He gave me the court date and time etc.), or I can just pay for the citation. The officer said I can do either one. So if I pay for the citation, I dont have to go to the court? Because that's what the officer said so. But other people say's that I have to go to the court if the officer wrote the court information on the citation. If I am able to just pay and not go to the court, where and when can I pay?
bercnan72

Postby matchitisiw » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:11 am

Most minor traffic citations require you appear with the information on the citation. Normally, you can call the court clerk and ask if you can mail in the fine. The clerk will either tell you yes or no. If it is yes, get the proper mailing address and mail to money to specified address and court name. If the answer is no, you must appear in person. If you can and do mail in the fine, you might call them back in a fews days to see if they received you money and etc. If you are approved to mail in the fine, make sure you do so as to the agreed time frame. Some Government agencies will take a credit card you will have to ask that question. Perhaps they will do that business over the phone as well. Have a nice day.
matchitisiw

Return to Traffic Law