Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Tips for Achieving an Amicable Divorce

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

I have a rattlesnake problem on my property. Where can I purchase wild king snakes to release at my place.?

Discuss anything to do with property law - buying, selling property

I have a rattlesnake problem on my property. Where can I purchase wild king snakes to release at my place.?

Postby shipley » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:49 am

I live in Idaho, right below the panhandle just outside of Lewiston Idaho. We definitely get some snow during the winter, but the temperatures rarely drop below zero if ever. I was wondering if there are kind snakes in my area, and if so how do I get my hands on some wild ones to release on my property. (I assume that captive bread ones would be to prone to bacteria and die.)
shipley

Postby weiford » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:53 am

i would suggest catching and releasing them somewhere else...King Snakes,while they do eat other snakes, will likely not go after adult rattlesnakes,especially if other food is available..Kings will eat young snakes,but that would do nothing for your problem,as the adults would still be laying eggs...if you do manage to rid yourself of rattlesnakes,you WILL HAVE a boom of rodents which have killed infinitely more people from disease than rattlesnakes...i would remove SOME(kill them if you have to) and live with the others...i say kill only because if they bite someone the human response will likely be extermination of far more,so you could be killing some to save many,if you get my meaning...
weiford

Postby benon » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:02 am

United Plankton is pretty damned smart, for a Texan. However, I would take the approach of removing the rodent population. No food, no snakes.
benon

Return to Property Law