Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

I failed to appear in traffic court at 17, I am now 18. How can I fix this problem? & How much can I be fined?

Been involved in a traffic accident? Discuss traffic laws here

I failed to appear in traffic court at 17, I am now 18. How can I fix this problem? & How much can I be fined?

Postby ezri » Tue May 29, 2012 6:36 am

ello, I failed to appear in traffic court a few months ago. I had received a citation for loitering during school hours. I would have liked to fight it out but seeing that I failed to appear, I figured that I should not. I will be 18 in a month and I need to get a license but I can't since I have that ticket. I would just like to pay the fine. How can I correct this problem? Would I still have to appear in court? I would just really like to pay whatever the amount is but I am afraid that I would have to do time in jail for loitering ONCE when I was 17. How much do you think the fine will be? & Do you think they will punish me with jail time? Do you think this is a very big deal? And yes, I do understand that I should have taken care of this before. But how much could I possibly be fined?
Thanks in advance for any information or advice.
ezri

Postby caomh » Tue May 29, 2012 6:44 am

Any time you fail to appear in court they set a warrant out for your arrest. I don't know where you live or your situation but they will probably detain you and arrest you if you get pulled over or if you walk into the court house and tell them and they see you have a warrant. It will probably take some money to be bailed out of jail and it is a good possibility they will raise the ticket price. The ticket or the paper they gave you when you went to see how much your ticket was you to set a court date will give you information about missing you court date and the consequences. But the sooner you tell them and find out what you need to do the better and easier they will be on you. The age should not matter what so ever because most states you would be treated the same as an 18 year old.
caomh

Return to Traffic Law