Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

I am in early stages of pregnancy and someone said if I smoke marijuana DSS will test me and take the baby?

Discussions relating to Drug Laws

I am in early stages of pregnancy and someone said if I smoke marijuana DSS will test me and take the baby?

Postby jorian23 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:57 am

I have had many friends, as well as family members, who have smoked all throughout their pregnancies. Recently I found out I was pregnant and someone had explained that a new law in Massachusetts allows you to be tested for drugs and that DSS may take your baby away if you test positive. I can't seem to find this information by searching, so I'm really more interested if someone knows where there is more information on this topic. Help anyone?
jorian23

Postby bean » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:00 am

Here's the real deal on marijuana and pregnancy.

There is no concrete evidence that marijuana is harmful to unborn babies due to the fact that the majority of mothers who use marijuana while pregnant also smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol, rendering it impossible to tell what has actually harmed the baby.

That said, why risk it? Just because the scumbags in your family/circle of friends didn't care enough about their children to put their health at risk doesn't mean it's safe. It means they were lucky. Break the cycle and do the right thing for your child.

Your baby should be your priority, not your bong. If you can't quit for 9 months, you have major problems.
bean

Postby gabrielo19 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:09 am

Here's the real deal on marijuana and pregnancy.

There is no concrete evidence that marijuana is harmful to unborn babies due to the fact that the majority of mothers who use marijuana while pregnant also smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol, rendering it impossible to tell what has actually harmed the baby.

That said, why risk it? Just because the scumbags in your family/circle of friends didn't care enough about their children to put their health at risk doesn't mean it's safe. It means they were lucky. Break the cycle and do the right thing for your child.

Your baby should be your priority, not your bong. If you can't quit for 9 months, you have major problems.
I'm not sure about the laws in Massachusetts, but smoking is bad for your baby. It can affect growth and may have serious consequences on your child's mental health when they are born. I can't stop you from smoking marijuana, bus you should take the health of your unborn child into account. I know you wanted information about DSS taking away your baby if you test positive...my conscience couldn't allow me to leave this question unanswered.
gabrielo19

Postby culley96 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:15 am

smoking harms the baby there is no information that says it benefits the child. You shouldnt be smoking if you are pregnant and you shouldnt smoke once the baby is born. Good mothers dont do drugs of any kind Im sorry. Hope your baby comes out ok if you continue to smoke.
culley96

Postby lundie » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:23 am

smoking harms the baby there is no information that says it benefits the child. You shouldnt be smoking if you are pregnant and you shouldnt smoke once the baby is born. Good mothers dont do drugs of any kind Im sorry. Hope your baby comes out ok if you continue to smoke.
Why would you do something that could potentially harm your baby? I don't care if other people did it - they were wrong and if you do it, you are wrong and you should lose your baby. You should ALWAYS put your child first. That's what parenting is about. Get used to making sacrifices; that's what good mothers do.
lundie

Postby muata2 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:26 am

I do know Iowa has that Law a friend of mine got tested and had her son taken away from her so it could happen up here your DSS is DHS
muata2

Postby kendell » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:31 am

Stop Smoking!
kendell

Postby chozai65 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:46 am

Idk. But if you smoke at all during pregancy your baby could have birth defects
chozai65

Postby warton26 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:48 am

nows the time to give up dont be selfish and think of your unborn baby.
warton26

Return to Drug Laws