Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Humming After Speech

Family Law Discussion Forum

Humming After Speech

Postby adamka » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:21 pm

I seem to make a humming noise occasionally after I'm done speaking, and the thing is that I never notice it when I do it. The last time i did it, I was playing a game and recording my voice as I was playing it and I noticed that I did a vocal hum after completing a sentence. There were even times in the past when I'd do this humming noise after speaking at any time and my dad would get annoyed and shout at me for humming telling me to stop when I had no idea what he was talking about. I had/have to make a conscious effort to try and end my sentences without making any noises. Is this a speech impediment or a nervous reaction or a habit I have unknowingly taken up cause there hasn't been any time when I remember intentionally humming after speaking.
adamka

Humming After Speech

Postby Amoldo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:06 pm

I seem to make a humming noise occasionally after I'm done speaking, and the thing is that I never notice it when I do it. The last time i did it, I was playing a game and recording my voice as I was playing it and I noticed that I did a vocal hum after completing a sentence. There were even times in the past when I'd do this humming noise after speaking at any time and my dad would get annoyed and shout at me for humming telling me to stop when I had no idea what he was talking about. I had/have to make a conscious effort to try and end my sentences without making any noises. Is this a speech impediment or a nervous reaction or a habit I have unknowingly taken up cause there hasn't been any time when I remember intentionally humming after speaking.
Amoldo

Humming After Speech

Postby Brent » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:37 am

Chris,

I can not tell you why you hum. My suggestion is you should be assessed by a speech and language professional. Many medical insurance programs will pay for this. You can ask your school to assess you for special education in the area of speech and language. They can provide you with help at not cost to you or your parents.  

I wish you the best,

Tim Runner, Education Advocate

You can learn more at my web site: www.special-education-answers.com

www.education-advocates.com(for DSL and phone)
Brent

Return to Family Law