Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Research Law Professors Before Choosing Law Schools

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

How to get rid of dog feces all over my backyard?

Discuss anything to do with property law - buying, selling property

Postby bedyw25 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:48 am

During the winter when there was snow everywhere my dog would go outside and instead of pooping in amongst the trees on our property she would "go" right by the door that goes straight to the back of the house. Now there is poop evvverrrywhere. I tried shoveling it out but that went bad quick; the poop just smeared everywhere...gross, I know, sorry. Anyway, how can I get rid of this mess? My backyard is a very nice one so having dog feces everywhere just won't do.
Thank you in advance to those who answer.
bedyw25

Postby gwen » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:51 am

I would rake it into a pile and throw it away. Then I would take a hose and spray the area really well.
gwen

Postby aescby » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:03 am

With it being winter your stuck with brown stains on all of the snowed area of the yard until spring.You could try training the dog to go in one area only-but it's easier training the single poop location during the summer,
aescby

Postby vipponah » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:06 am

Picking it up with a shovel and putting it in a big bag that is in and draped over the edges of a garbage can is a way to do it.
vipponah

Postby barnett » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:10 am

pick it up with a dog poo bag, then when you've done get an old cloth and some soapy water mop it up then disinfect it :)
but no matter what you do itsnot going to be a nice job
barnett

Postby jamilah38 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:14 am

pick it up with a plastic bag, what you do not get picked up will be washed away with the rain or absorbed into the ground
jamilah38

Postby karlitis » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:21 am

Get another dog to eat it. Dogs eat other dogs' poop.
karlitis

Postby aviya » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:23 am

Buy a 50 pound bag of CLAY kitty litter, not the fancy one with smell reducing crystals or the clumping kind: just plain old cheap kitty litter. Dump it liberally on the poo and it will suck the moisture out of the turds making them easier to pick up when dry. You do NOT want to do this when rain is expected for a few days to a week. If this area is too large to use kitty litter, then the best thing for you to do is get as much up as you can, and then use a high powered spray nozzle on your hose to spray the offending doody out into the grass. As long as it is mostly gone, the water/feces mix will fertilize your grass, but use a lot of water. Next year, remove the dung after it freezes, don't be lazy like the dogs who don't want to walk to the trees. Leaving it all winter only makes a spring problem for you as you see.
aviya

Return to Property Law