Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

How to evict a person who is not required to pay rent in dekalb county georgia?

Defamation Law Discussion Forum

Postby ahanu » Tue May 08, 2012 10:46 am

I have a friend staying with me for the last few months. but its time for her to get the hell out. so I told her she has to leave by the end of the month. which she agreed with. but I am still going to file for the eviction to make sure she leaves and so that I have it on paper that she no longer lives there.
she must leave of her own free will or be evicted if she has lived in my home for more than 30 days.
now the problem is this.
I do not need to give her written notice but I choose to do so (I like a paper trail)
but everything I find is always about non payment of rent. I have never charged her rent because I told her I wouldn't. I was just helping her out. but her job was to basically be a live in house keeper (im getting rid of her because she does not clean up amongst other things)
any legal advice about how to file for eviction for a person who is not required to pay rent?
ahanu

Postby morcan » Tue May 08, 2012 10:52 am

http://www.rocketlawyer.com/document/eviction-notice.rl?docCategoryId=1354&utm_source=1026
morcan

Postby koltin » Tue May 08, 2012 11:09 am

If your now-unwanted guest has no legal right to stay in your house (lease, rental contract. etc.) and if she stays put after you have asked her to leave, she is trespassing. You then have legal options to have her removed if you so desire.
koltin

Return to Defamation Law