Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

How To Break Bond Signed With Company

Defamation Law Discussion Forum

Postby Takuya » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:21 pm

Respected Sir,

I am Ajay Tale currentaly working with the company located in Pune.Before joining the company I had signed a bond of two years(I joined the company in 02/01/2012)but now I am just not coping with the company's process and and work culture so I want to resign from my job.But in the bond they have mentioned that I have to pay 2 lacs to the company if I resign from my job.So I am just in a mess how to resign from the company.Please suggest me the best way so I will get releavimg and experiance certificate from the company without paying 2 lacs.

Thank in advance for your advice....
Takuya

Postby MacInnes » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:33 pm

Such type of bond are violative of Article 19 of our Constitution as well void since it is an agreement in restraint of profession vide section 27 of the Contract Act.However, some courts have allowed recovery of reasonable loss suffered by the employer as result of breach of Bond.Accordingly,your employer cannot recover anything more than the liquidated damages suffered by them.Moreover,an employee can always at any time leave the organisation as per the terms of engagement.So you can certainly resign and can fight against the company if they unlawfully deduct any amount from you.However , before taking any decision, please consult a suitable lawyer for apprpriate action in the matter.Apparently, you have a very strong case in the matter.
MacInnes

Postby Aillig » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:57 am

Respected Sir,

I am Ajay Tale currentaly working with the company located in Pune.Before joining the company I had signed a bond of two years(I joined the company in 02/01/2012)but now I am just not coping with the company's process and and work culture so I want to resign from my job.But in the bond they have mentioned that I have to pay 2 lacs to the company if I resign from my job.So I am just in a mess how to resign from the company.Please suggest me the best way so I will get releavimg and experiance certificate from the company without paying 2 lacs.

Thank in advance for your advice....
Aillig

Return to Defamation Law