Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Tips for Achieving an Amicable Divorce

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

How much is average for a wrist injury?

Discussions relating to Personal Injury Law

Postby aingeni » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:52 am

I was walking up my unlit stairs, the light bulb was out and my front door doesnt work. I fell off the left side of my staircase which the step was a foot high (illegal) & no hand rail. I have contacted my lawyer numerous times about this, the light and my front door. He never fixed them.

I went to the ER and they said it may be a fracture but discharged me as a sprain. I go to the ortho to find out what exactly.
I contacted a personal injury lawyer, due to a few facts. He agreed to take my case. My landlord just said hed pray for me and never contacted his insurance.
Due to this injury, I cannot take a job I was offered due to restrictions, I was going to get 4grand to 10grand more a year. Also I may not be able to go to my family vaca, due to this.

What is the avg settlement for wrist sprain/fracture
Only positive feedback please
aingeni

Postby gedalyahu » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:53 am

Don't know, but it sounds like you really do have a case there. The landlord provided a unsafe dwelling waiting for a injury to happen. The worse thing is that he/she knew about the problems, but did not fix them.

If I had to guess, I would keep it simple. Your hand/wrist injury is preventing you from working due to further injuries to your hand/wrist.
gedalyahu

Return to Personal Injury Law